“Stunning View AND Excellent floor Plan”
Review of Casa Playa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Casa Playa Resort
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Left our first holiday destination (Key West) , headed for Fort Meyers beach on a lark,no reservations, By sheer divine intervention found Casa Playa Resort. They had 1 room open and we took it!! We took the elevator up to seventh floor opened the door directly into heaven! 1 entire glass wall half slid open onto beautiful screened deck directly over the beach and gulf of mexico. Full living room suite, flat screen tv,full kitchen all cookware dishes cutlery. Our 1 bedroom suite was huge Walked into the beautiful bathroom and there sat a jetted tube!!!YEAH!! After several hours of traveling I hit that first! The private beach was everything i could hope for and casa playa provided all lounge chairs and umbrellas,cannot recomend this resort enough. Thank-you Casa Playa,Expect to see us soon for a week in October!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was another sweet find on Trip Advisor. The place is perfectly located on Fort Myers Beach. Large clean expansive beach. Great screened in balcony. We opened the sliding glass doors to the balcony when we first arrived and only closed them when we left. The staff were great hosts. One word of caution, we were there after spring break. We heard traffic during spring break is awful. Prices are higher to. Early April is heaven here. Check out my restaurant reviews!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I just returned from spring break on the beach. Casa Playa was wonderful. Unit 101 is my favorite because it is brand new and gorgeous .The pool is heated to the perfect temperature and we swam every day. We feel there is no better place on the beach to stay. Staff is fantastic. Location can't be better especially when there is no parking anywhere. Why worry about the traffic when it is a short walk to anything. Our only regret was that our trip was to short. We can't wait to go back again. The water was so clear! We saw dolphins from our balcony every day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alea F
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Casa Playa was a very enjoyable stay. I went to Fort Myers to catch some Red Sox spring training games and had a difficult time deciding where to stay. After some research, I decided that staying by the beach would give me something to do on the days when I was not catching a ball game. Casa Playa was perfect.

For those of you renting a car intending to drive on and off Fort Myers Beach, staying north of the area called Time Square is a must. You are able to exit the island pretty easily and once you get on the island, you go through one stop sign and then there is literally no traffic. Of course, getting on to Fort Myers Beach almost any time of day could lead to some delays, but that is expected when there is only one road on and off on each side. Anyone who has traveled to Cape Cod will understand this.

Nevertheless, it was only a 30 minute drive to jetBlue Park, which was great. Also, Case Playa is within walking distance to the Time Square area of Fort Myers Beach, which has many bars and restaurants. If you are willing to walk further, you will find even more restaurants, bars, and other standard beach fair.

The resort itself is very clean and the views from the ocean front side of the building are great. The rooms are large and, with a kitchen, enables a person to save money if they would rather cook and drink at home. The balconies are all screened in, so you can leave the balcony doors open at night and listen to the ocean, which is very relaxing.

The beach area is large, and the hotel provides plenty of beach chairs and lounge chairs to get sun. The hotel will also provide beach towels at the front desk if you request them.

The people who run the hotel are very nice and eager to please. Though they are only there from about 9am until 6pm, there is an on-call person available to help if you lose your key. This happened once to me, and at 12:30am, a very nice man came by the hotel and helped me into my room. I only had to wait about 20 minutes, which was pretty quick given the hour.

For dinner in the area, I highly recommend Nervous Nellies, Smoking Oyster Brewery, and the Beached Whale (roof top was very nice). For entertainment at night, the Cottage and Lani Kaii Island Resorts is great for live music and crowds aged 21 to 60.

Room Tip: Beach facing room is a must
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Easygoing99
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Being on the north end and having easy beach access is what makes this an ok place to stay. However, it is only an average hotel at best.

Hotel Pros:
Beach Access, Casa supplies beach towels and beach chairs at no cost, quiet north end, parking, pleasant staff, well kept grounds, the pool was fantastically warm, barbeque grill area on beach with covered picnic area, just a short walk to times square and the pier,

Hotel Cons:
Small pool, the pool is off to the side with not much of a view and shaded a good part of the day, there is no green space to actually sit and enjoy the outdoors only beach. Need a faster elevator.

Cons (our room):
Our room was not all that special, small room with the brightest blue paint I've ever seen (room 504), seriously needs updated, the TV was from the 70's and the size of a postage stamp and the remotes did not work, we had to work the power and the volume manually at the TV. The bathroom seriously needs updated. The tile is dirty, the commode is very tricky to flush (you have to hold the handle down for it to flush and until it fills up again), the shower is terrible. There are two settings in the shower, super cold and scalding hot. There is no in between. Plus, I am pretty pettite and I could not turn around in the shower and if my 6 foot husband was there with me he would have hit his head on the ceiling. Would have liked to have some sort of table or desk. The lighting was terrible and the ceiling fan would only go fast cause that remote did not work either. There were no instructions on how to use the safe, and no door hager for privacy.

Pros (our room):
Beautiful small mural painted on the wall, nice balcony that faced the bay side. Wasn't sure if I was going to like facing the bay but, it was really nice watching the sun rise and watching all the boats come and go in the morning and at night. Nice having a full size fridge and fully stocked cabinets. The beds were really comfortable. The room included a safe (which was good once we learned how to use it).

Would I stay here again? probably, but only if I couldn't find other options... I would have to make sure to get a gulf view and not the same room again though.

Room Tip: If you have to stay on the bay side, ask for a higher floor so that your view is above the palm tree...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karri K
Drobinson281, General Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are sorry we did not meet all your expectations. We take pride at Casa Playa to try and meet all our guests’ expectations and keep our units and property clean.
We strive to make our guests have a happy and relaxing vacation.
We do offer free maid service, beach towels and beach chairs to keep your cost down.
We have much larger units facing the gulf side. The unit you chose was efficiency, and all our efficiencies face the bay side. Since you were on the 5th floor you should have had a great view.
The unit you were in was remodel less than a year with new beds and furniture and paint. Some of our bay view units have tables or desk for your convenience, but not the units with 2 beds. I wished you would have called our front desk about the TV remote, so we could have taken care of that for you. We also could have showed you how to work the shower temperature.
We hope you will try Casa Playa Resort again in one of our larger gulf front units, I’m sure you will be happy there.
Thank you for staying at the Casa Playa Resort
Debbie Robinson

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here 6 nights. Had a queen efficiency. My wife and I could barely walk by each other, or sit at the table as it was so cramped. On the other hand, it was immaculately clean, and our small balcony had a gorgeous view.

• Stayed: March 2013

We strive to make our guests have a happy and relaxing vacation.
We are happy your unit was clean and you liked your view.
Sorry you were unhappy with the size of our efficiencies, I’m hope you try Casa Playa again in one of our larger gulf front units with a full kitchen and separated bedrooms.

Thanks again for taking the time for your review.
Debbie Robinson

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Gorgeous Fort Myers Beach!! Beautiful beach view. Clean comfortable rooms with nice kitchen. Private beach access. Loved walking along the beach to the pier for meals or shopping. Lovely terrace. DVDs to borrow during stay.

• Stayed: March 2013