“Descent Place To Stay & Very Affortable ”

Sun Deck Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel way back in December of 2013 for the 4th of July Celebration. I looked online everywhere, but most of the hotel in Fort Myers Beach was either booked or they charged way too much! I booked it through Booking.com. During my search, the Sundeck Inn was the only one that popped out that still has a room for 4th of July. It's our first time to see fireworks in Fort Myers Beach. Last year, we were in Key West. My husband and I wanted to see a different place for fireworks displays so we can compare them. I booked our hotel for 2 days. Checked-inn on the 4th. The owner of the hotel called just to confirmed our reservation. She was nice enough to mentioned about the traffic if we were to travel on the 4th of July. We didn't know about the parade until she mentioned that too. She offer us a low-rate to booked the day before, so we could be in Fort Myers Beach before the chaos starts. I'm glad that we booked the extra night because if we came on the 4th of July, they closed the bridge from 9-12 for the parade. The traffic was crazy too coming in the town. If you're just coming in to see the fireworks, they jacked-up the price for parking and there's not enough places to park. I'm just happy that our hotel was about 2 block from the pier where they had the fireworks. We were surprised too how clean the place was. We had the Bostonians, we are on the ground floor. Easy access to our parking because it's in our front door almost. The room Is very roomy. We have a small fridge, microwave, and we even have a stove so we could cook. We're very pleased at this place. Very convenient...close to shoppings, restaurants, and the beach. I will definitely get a room here again. If you're planning, book it soon because they fill-up fast. Most of the people that stays here booked a room already for next year. I will recommend this place. Affortable & descent rooms.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rubylicious
There are newer reviews for Sun Deck Inn & Suites

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Sun Deck Inn at Ft. Myers Beach is a very eclectic and quaint, family oriented property. From the colorfully painted bungalows and stairways to the sea side effects, you will feel right at home. A quick walk to the beach and surrounded by wonderful eating establishments, all equally enthusiastic about your stay. Parking is at a premium so when you find a spot, "park it" and walk or take the local bus to your destination.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deb l
Reviewed March 30, 2014

worst stay during our trip through Florida. Office was closed when arriving. Our slogan during the stay was: Just look, don´t touch anything!!! Spend the whole evening driving around in Fort Myers to look for an alternative, but there was not any room available for a reasonable price. Finally, we decided to spend the night in our "New Bedford" room, but covered most of the bed with as many towels and blankets of our own. Did not want to use towels provided. Noisy AC. Filthy bath mats and dirty all around the room. Kitchenette not worth talking about. Absolutely over prized. See pictures and avoid that property!!!

4  Thank panorama-girl
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were really disappointed with the money we spent for this motel. It just felt dirty. We stayed in a single room. The 'kith hen' was a small fridge and two questionable burners on top. We ended up leaving at 5am. For the cost it was certainly not worth it. Ick! Don't do it!

5  Thank Amy H
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I knew when we booked that we were not going to be staying at a 5 star resort, but I can't say I'm overly impressed. The owners were very kind but disorganized. We were mistaken for another couple and shown to the wrong room, but I was assured this was the one I booked. We went with it and unpacked and left. Came back to see the owner moving our stuff to a different room....I wasn't exactly comfortable with this but you do what you have to do in a pinch. Our room was very damp and humid and did not cool down (even with the A/C set on 68 and the ceiling fan running). The room was also very dirty - the bathroom and kitchen were very dusty and grimy. This did not bother me too much. What bothered me was when I went to check out and was told the room had already been charged to my card - without my knowledge or consent. I also did not get a receipt as the owners were in a hurry to leave when I checked out. Many little things made this a bad experience, and I am hoping they were just busier than usual as this is not a good way to run a business. Also, our bed was VERY lumpy and uncomfortable. Hard to sleep on.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nantucket room.
4  Thank bgoodman34
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Sundeck Inn is right off of Estero Bvd close to the famous Pink Shell Resort on the West side of timesquare. It is conveniently located a block from the beach and pier. The hotel has an East Coast theme with rooms labeled as such. Some rooms are more cottage-like than hotel. There are chairs, beach umbrellas and other water toys available for use free of charge. The owners are very generous in adding an additional parking spot if needed and friendly tips for your stay. We have stayed here twice now and have referred the Sundeck to several friends for the upcoming spring season.

Room Tip: The two apartment suites are very nice and accomodate more than two persons. All the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jodeemol
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at Sun Deck Inn in early January. It is a cute and colourful hotel, very close to the restaurants and the beach. We stayed in the New Bedford. It is a very small room, but cosy and clean. Perfect for a short stay, however would feel quite tight for a longer stay. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. You can find lot's of shops and cafes right around the corner.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple