“Great beach-themed hotel!!”

Sun Deck Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This is such a cute hotel in a great location. Had a Key West- feel to it with Jimmy Buffett music playing and quirky decor on outside. Very spacious living area with separate sleeping area, kitchen and two decks:) Very clean. Had rafts and beach chairs for communal use. Also had a grill. Will definitely stay here again and reccommend to others. Thanks for an enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 28, 2011

My husband booked based on the reviews and it turned out to be exactly what we were looking for! We had a nice sized room. It was nothing spectacular, but it had all of the necessities and then some. Great location. Short walking distance to everything. The owners were very helpful in guiding us to some great spots for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They had everything we needed to take to the beach with no extra cost.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tianaskey
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I stayed in the New Bedford which was a nice sized room for one person. It was also on an upper floor. Room is a good value for the price. Although it has a microwave and refrigerator, there are no utensils or plates provided. The bathroom was a nice size. Parking was provided. The bed was VERY comfortable. The hosts were nice althought I am not one to ask for anything. They allow pets which was the best part. I traveled with my Maltese. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is upstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Have stayed at probably a half dozen or so places on/near Ft Myers Beach over the last couple decades, and this is by far the best value. Our room, the New Bedford, was very cozy....large bathroom w/ stand up shower and small-ish (really only room for the queen size bed and not much else) sleeping area. There is a mini-fridge (always appreciated) and a microwave. The entire unit was clean, but a little 'rough around the edges'....what I'd consider "beachy", but not disgusting by any means. A coat of paint in our room along w/ a few smaller refinements, and I would've posted 5 stars. Even with that, this is not (and would not be) a 'luxury' accommodation, but (for the price and location), I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Greeted by SUPER FRIENDLY owners. The gal offered us beach chairs, an umbrella, beach towels, and showed us the ice machine right away. Also offered up entertainment and restaurant tips....probably really helpful for people not familiar with the area, but we sorta already have our fav spots on the beach (Smokin Oyster and the Beached Whale are top of our Ft MBeach list for drinks and food).

The hotel/motel/apt (not sure what to call the accommodation --- it's sort of a combo of all) is not ON the beach, but it's a very easy walk. But, we saved a bundle b/c we did not stay on the beach. It's kinda charming to be in the Sun Deck's location though....sorta 'behind' the busy Times Square area and kinda 'under the bridge'. Also loved the wraparound decks on all levels. I bet each room has its own patio/chairs/deck area...that's a really nice feature, and would probably be nice if you ended up w/ a cool-ish or breezy day (too cold for the beach)...would be nice to find a sunny spot outside of the wind on the deck.

Other thoughts....free and convenient parking (at least for one car...not sure about a party), good overall value, only bar soap (no shampoo, etc.) in the bathroom, had a couple (real glass) pint glasses as well as dishsoap and dishtowels in the room, small coffee maker (don't think there was any coffee supplied though), no pool, small flat screen TV in room was, well, small (but no biggie to us), location sorta forces you (in a good way) to check out FMB 'beyond the beach strip'...the FMB area is very safe and very walkable, with a very inexpensive trolley available up and down the main strip....motel is very close to a Friday AM Farmer's Market (that was fun to check out) as well as the walkout 'pier' under the bridge.

I'm recommending to all friends and family that come to the area --- at least those that never expect a 'night at the Ritz' while at the beach and those that would appreciate the value and quaint 'beachy' feel of the Sun Deck. Also have to keep in mind ages/health ability of those I recommend b/c some of the rooms are upstairs (highly doubt there's a lift of any sort), and the jaunt to the beach would be a bit much for say...my grandma or someone really REALLY out of shape.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovelofi
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We loved Fort Myers Beach and staying at the Sun Deck Inn with Rae was the best!! She was so informative of the area and things to do, traffic advice and even what seasons to visit to avoid the spring breakers and crowds. Our room (the New Bedford) was exactly what we needed and we received fresh towels daily. Will definitely be back down for a visit and would absolutely recommend checking out the Sun Deck Inn.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Floridagrrrl76
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We loved our stay at the Sundeck. It's owned by a nice friendly family. The rooms are very clean and the rates are very reasonable. It's a cute little resort with lots of room options, depending upon your needs. Best of all, it's close to everything - short walk to the beach and "Fort Myers Times Square." Tons of restaurants and shopping only steps away! Even a weekly farmers market just down the street! Great place!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I'd been in Fort Myers for a few days for work and my departure date kept getting pushed back, so I decided to switch to a hotel in Fort Myers Beach. I am so glad I chose this one! The managers were extremely nice and accommodating. The room was pleasant and clean and the location good. There are plenty of good places to eat nearby and the beach is just a 5 minute walk.

The only thing I didn't like as much was how loud the music that plays through speakers outside the hotel was played in the evening. I enjoyed it during the day, but in the evening I was wishing it was a bit softer.

Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business