“Bad service”

Shucker's at the Gulfshore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Shucker's and The Cottage Bar are located right on Fort Myers Beach, overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. We have an extensive menu with fresh seafood, a raw bar, and a newly redesigned open-air bar at Shucker's. Happy hour is held in the bar area from 4-6pm, with live music nightly from 4-7 and 9pm-1am at The Cottage Bar.
Reviewed October 29, 2017

Came to hear the music,ordered drinks and the server never came back to check on us
she was too busy chatting with friends, after 40 minutes finally got the tab heard a bit of music but left we were not spendy our money here when they don't care if you are here or not.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Went to have lunch here the other day. They are in the process of renovating and have changed the name to "Shuckers". I grew up in Fort Myers and regularly come to the beach and frequent different establishments. This is the first time I've ever had to valet when I've eaten here. When I questioned this the attendant said its always been that way. The parking lot was full but he only had 2 other sets of keys, so explain to me how it's valet only? When we walked inside, there was construction going on which was very distracting. We also couldn't sit facing the gulf because they were working in that area. There isn't any happy hour for lunch, it doesn't start until 4 p.m. I was really put off by staff, they didn't seem to care if we were there or not. Food was okay, but nothing special. Just an overall bad experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

We arrived for an early dinner (4:30pm). We had a male server walk right by us without acknowledging us. He even made eye contact. We seated ourselves outside and waited several minutes to be waited on by a waitress, while we watched 4 servers stand at the bar visiting with the bartender. We had a waitress who had obviously been there all day(judging from the dirty shirt she was wearing). A smile is cheap but not here! We can't recommend the stuffed mushrooms. The flavor left a lot to be desired. The Bourbon street chicken was tasty but the The Triple Play shrimp was overcooked. The sauces with the triple play meal were delicious.
Good customer service could have made up for the other areas but we won't be back.

1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

One of the only places open late on Sunday.
Had dinner, which was good. Jess the server was attentive, fun and charming. Atmosphere was fun. Live music was great. Glad we stopped in.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Arrived with family including 2 grandchildren late on Sat night. Service awful, drinks menu had no prices & no changes to a drink were allowed because they were premixed. Majority of cocktails had banana something in them. My martini arrived in a short plastic cup as did every other cocktail being served. I could not help but notice that 1 “pro” after another started arriving at the bar in typical “pro” attire cozying up to the men at the bar who seemed to be expecting them. I was angered by the disgusting actions that resulted. I am no prude. I am a sophisticated woman, well educated & traveled. Just a late middle aged good looking grandmother(IMO) out for a good dinner with my family. Gloria Steinem would have been revolted indeed! I am a well seasoned visitor to Ft Myers Beach always looking for a great hot spot and eatery, but this place has pushed the women’s movement in this country back to the 1960’s & drinking cocktails in appropriate bar ware to the outer regions of civility. Who would have thought that this Ft Myers Beach eatery overtly allows “pros” through their doors. Families stay away!

2  Thank Janet W