Lani Kai Island Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beacon Motel(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
Bay Inn at the Lani Kai(Fort Myers Beach)
  • Beachfront
Pierview Hotel & Suites(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
Sun Deck Inn & Suites(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
DiamondHead Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
  • Pool
Matanzas Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
Shipwreck Motel(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
The Holiday Court(Fort Myers Beach)
View Hotel
Harbour House at the Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
1,044 results
All reviewsisland view restaurantyounger crowdsun decklive entertainmentfun placethe ritzbars and restaurantsgreat beachcontestsunsetpier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you are planning on going to Ft. Myers Beach, we recommend that you stay at the Lana Kai Island Resort. We simply wanted a clean bed, balcony where we could hear and watch the waves roll in, and we got so very much more than that. On Friday afternoon when we went to the counter to see if they had any vacancies, we were told that they were full except for one room which was having air conditioning problems. We told them that we really did not care if the air conditioner was working or not, we really really wanted the room, so they did let us have the room and told us that someone would be there later to add coolant to the air conditioner and hopefully make it nice for us for the weekend, a new air conditioner was going to be installed on Tuesday. We opened the sliding glass doors on the balcony and the Gulf breezes made not having air conditioning no problem at all. While sitting on the balcony we watched lots of beach volleyball games just below us on the left, and if you looked to the right, you could see the D.J.’s. There was music playing almost all of the time from noon until after sundown, we enjoyed it. The D.J.’s invited the people on the beach to participate in games such as water balloon tosses, limbo, and hula hoop contests. There was also an individual on the beach several evenings doing tricks with flaming batons, and another gentleman came one evening and made some huge bubbles for the kids to watch and break. There was also a children’s playground below our balcony and we enjoyed watching them too. You really never had to leave the hotel if you didn’t want to. There are two restaurants on the top of the building, with very good food and very reasonable prices, or if you’re on the beach there are two concession stands and bars there too. If you want gift items, there is a gift shop on the beach level and another one on the ground floor. The day before we had to leave we decided that we would come back next year, but if possible we wanted to take part of the Lana Kai atmosphere home with us, so we could remember everyday how much we had enjoyed our time there. We ask the management if we could purchase the bedspread that we had in our room. Trent the sales manager gave us the bedspread, because of all the inconvenience that we had due to the air conditioner problems, and that we had never complained about it. We told him that all of the staff had been very friendly and courteous and that we are planning on coming back next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John R
Reviewed February 28, 2013

stayed 2-8-13 for 1 week. Party place for the young. Not the place for me! To many beach rules, to many ppl, noisy from 7am to 4am, staff bicker all the time. Restroom on the main floor for the beach was disgusting!!!! Trouble with room key, Had to get 3 different sets. Pool is in the shade by 2:pm. Within walking distance of beach bars, local restruants, shops, & pier. Only possitive thing I have to say since we would go eles where everyday!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat N
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Lani Kai for one night for a little family reunion. The hotel was under renovations and we stayed on the floor that had already been renovated. The bathroom was new, but the beds were filthy. There were cigarette burns in the comforters. I really would have been able to live with this since we had our own covers and, after all, it is the Lani Kai. We all went to the bar for happy hour. The bartender was incredibly rude, but the bar manager was absolutely HORRENDOUS to my family. He rudely demanded documentation for the service dog with my younger sibling, which he had. The manager rolled his eyes and said, "All of those drinks better be from this bar," in a threatening tone. I overheard him tell his coworker that my family was annoying and when we were all singing a song we heard him-- from all the way across the bar-- say "WHY DON'T YOU JUST KILL YOURSELVES?" My parents heard it and everyone was stunned. I was mortified. It was happy hour, there was live music, and we were practically the only people there spending money. I asked him for his name and he said it was "Mike." We will never, ever go to this establishment again. I feel horrible that I had to see my family-- especially my parents-- treated this way.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Brandy K
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at the Lani Kai in December with my 2 kids (5 &9). We all loved staying there. The beach was just a walk downstairs which we all LOVED. At night we were able to listen to the ocean on the balcony. The room was clean and we were put on the "quiet" side of the hotel which was perfect for us as the other side was quite a bit louder. This was an affordable hotel right on the beach. This is NOT an upscale hotel, so if you're looking to get pampered and have an updated room this is probably not a hotel you want to stay at. If you are on a budget and still want to stay on the oceanfront this is perfect. Yes, the rooms were very outdated, but they were clean and actually larger than normal budget hotels. I will be staying here again with my family as we had a great time and it didn't break the bank!

Thank you Lani Kai for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: No fitness center, but you can take a nice jog on the beach since it's just downstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 days at the Lani Kai end of January. Check In...no problem...as normal check your paper work...or pre-confirm by phone direct...don't trust booking agents.
Property...build in the 70's and still functions ... And the elevators were probably the fastest on the beach at that time and they still work. Yes it's older and little worn, but for the price, clean room (no odors or bugs), good bed, towels and linens. And included refrig, microwave and coffee maker. Our room (503) was on the east end of the building which may help keep the evening music down. But the balcony overlooking the beach on a Saturday with a throng of beach goers, great people watching, and look up and down the beach this was where it was happening...You know it is...when the locals beach party here either by boat, PWC, or car... Live Music...reasonable priced beer or boat drinks on the beach, and barmaid service to your chair...And receive a good discount on beach chairs and umbrellas for staying at the Lani Kai. Food at the roof top restaurant (breakfast & lunch) was as good or better priced as other places nearby. Housekeeping fine job, and be sure to tip the help and smile.... Pool was cold,but they just had the heater repaired. I did like, they had a person checking the people coming in to the pool area making sure they staying at the hotel. The air brushed murals on the hotel are classic beach art... I'm in my early sixties and a traveler to many beach ports in the caribe...I've stayed at more $$ on trips, the Lani Kai would be at the same measure as them. But as they say an island and Location, location,location... Remember do your research...Spring Break Time it may not be a good choice...I give the Lani Kai a FINS UP!

Room Tip: East end 4 or 5th floors
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends