WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Montreal, Canada
“Do not go there...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

if you are not around 21 and want to get drunk. Loud late music, weird exterior decor, room hold - toilet door needs paint, rust in the sink, small uncomfortable beds. Woke up at night worrying about bugs entering our luggages. Had a very bad sleep. Will never go there again. Only positive point: the view from the balcony facing Gulf of Mexico.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andree007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Wow. What a God sent Lani Kai was for us. I want to go back already… After our sons wedding in Orlando Florida. My husband, a very close friend and I just needed some time to soak recent events and the passing of my mother and her not being at the wedding. We decided to drive to Ft. Myers. We had no agenda or prior hotel plans scheduled…we just winged it. As we got closer, we seen Lani Kai on a hotel site and we all loved what it looked like….especially the ocean view each room had to offer, and the price caught our eye also. We found it and decided to stop and see if they had a room available. We were greeted by a very pleasant staff. They did have a room available but at a different price than the site showed. They got the Director of Sales Trent and he honored what we saw. We were very thankful for his kindness. He did indicate to us he could only offer that price for one night and we gladly accepted.

After being there for less than a half hour, we all knew we wanted to stay another night. I contacted Trent again and he stated he would see what he could do. Within an hours time HE located us in the hotel restaurant and said he had it all worked out for us to stay another night. He went up and beyond for us.

I have to add, yes the place may need some renovations BUT, you can see they are working on that which does take time. Our room was on the 4th floor. It was very clean and everything was in working order. I loved the fact it had tile floors because of the sand from the beach.

The view from the balcony was breath taking to be able to see the sun rises and sets. The beach was very clean and for a small cost they offered chairs and umbrellas which was a great touch.

Lani Kai has multiple bars and restaurants to visit on site with great prices to meet your budget. Even though we do not have small children, I found the play area for kids was a wonderful added touch.

During the day as we sat on the beach drinking beverages, they had a lady doing singing which made it even more relaxing.

During the evening the place did get very busy with all ages of people NOT just young. They did have beach entertainers doing fire trick which was amazing and also bands playing. The music was loud which to me was to be expected but was not unbearable even when we returned to our rooms to relax.

This is a place to go if you want to unwind and relax in a party yet nice atmosphere. BUT if you are looking for an extremely quiet place keep looking but you will miss a great place.

I would go back to Lani Kai in a heart beat even with knowing it is not a 5 star place. I look forward to seeing the changes when we return later this summer.

Tammie
Fort Wayne, IN
January 2013

Room Tip: There is no bad room when they are all beach front
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tweetiemeredith
Oxford, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in January '13. The location is fantastic all rooms overlook the ocean. The beach is fantastic with plenty of beach chairs, umbrellas, jet skies, parra-gliding. The hotel has a full entertainment programme during the day & evening. Good live music from the beach bar (sometimes the group was a bit too loud but the female singer was great). Beach games for all, hula hoop comp, limbo comp etc. There is a restaurant but we didn't use it also a lovely open air bar on the top floor. The room on the 4th floor was large and comfortable, we had 1 large king size bed, fridge, dining area & sofa. The laundry was changed regularly. The only complaint we had was the music from a disco on Fri & Sat evening - going on until 2 am. The base from the disco was so loud that it was like a continual bang bang bang - also the kids in the disco laughing & shouting on the beach. However I would go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room to the left or right of the bar area as the weekend disco is noisey until 2 pm. Al...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Unless you really don't give a s*** about the quality of your hotel and only want a bed to rest your head, don't stay here. They ONLY perks to this hotel are the view (which plenty of other hotels offer) and the location on Ft. Myers beach. This hotel is dirty, neglected, and falling apart. Our room was purchased using a gift certificate we won at a local bar for a hurricane fundraiser. It was for one night stay in a standard oceanside room at the Lani Kai. Having been here twice before I know not to expect much. Had we actually been paying for the room we would never have booked with them.

So my boyfriend and I take a trip to the beach for the day. We decided to go jet skiing after checking in. We came back to the room, covered in salt and wanting nothing but a hot shower, only to find that the hot water is out in the entire building, and remains that way for hours. The cold shower was really not satisfying but you can't just sit around with that salt drying your sunburnt skin so we suffered through. The cable TV was so in and out that you couldn't even bother to watch it. No help from the front desk offered....it just is how it is. The kicker was in the morning when I called room service to get some coffee delivered. I got transferred to the restaurant that handles this. I ordered two coffees and gave her my room number. I was put on hold. At this point I hear the lady ask someone else if they feel like delivering. Then I hear her say "No, I don't feel like doing it either". She comes back on the phone and tells me they are not doing room service. I told her it was bs and that I just heard her say she didn't feel like it and hung up and called the front desk back asking them when they do room service. The front desk lady apologized for them and brought me coffee herself.

At checkout we discussed all the issues we had with the receptionist and her response was that because we stayed on a gift certificate there is nothing she can do. I asked if a manager was available and she said the manager would say the same thing. Rather than argue I told her I would be posting a review and there you go! Apparently staying with a gift certificate means you aren't a guest at all. Unfortunately we have paid money in the past only to receive the same complete lack of service and a dirty, disgusting room. Also, don't think you can save a quick buck and stay in the rooms across the street also owned by the Lani Kai. Made that mistake last year and had roached in my room. Steer clear of the Lani Kai.

They make all their money off Spring-Breakers who are going to be too drunk to care and probably will never return anyways.

Room Tip: Just say NO
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacey K

Travelers are raving about these Fort Myers Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Room is old. Beach sucks because all the locals go with their boat right up to the she shore and get down to drink and party at the hotel bar so you are literally swimming in gasoline from the boats and exhaust fume smell. This is place for party people, drunk young crowd everywhere. Pay more and stay elsewhere. Music is so loud that even with closed doors you feel like the band is in your room from super early in morning until past 2 am. Just believe all the reviews and stay away. Also my balcony and front door would not close and I had a leak right over my toilet from the ceiling... Disgusting!.... On a plus I found no roaches!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Janet O
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Reviews from young people (two of us) will think this is the greatest place on Earth. Reviews from older (me) people will frown heavily on this resort. My rating is in the middle because there were great things here and almost unbelievable half-assed things. LOVE the party atmosphere during the day. HATE getting hit on in the elevator by drunk women. LOVE the location, HATE the staff dumping trash barrels of glass beer bottles into a metal dumpster at 6:45am. LOVE the rooftop restaurant, rocking tables and the view, HATED the fight on the beach at 1:00am...on and on.

Room Tip: Stay here if you party
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Viperfreak2
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

At first, the place seems great. the room was clean for the most part. The shower was useless. Zero way pressure, no way would I have been able to wash my hair. The noise was unbelievable. The music was banging till three in the morning. We were woken up at the crack of dawn by a million birds on our balcony and what sounded like construction. There was a sizable gap between our door and its frame. I also woke up with several bug bites. Awful stay.

• Stayed February 2012