“Motel Hell”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Hideaway Sandy Beach Motel
Sarasota, Florida
“Motel Hell”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I booked this place through Expedia, never again! This has to rank as one of the worst stays ever, and was not cheap. You open the door and almost trip over the bed, the stove is rusted through, the carpet is funky, the room has an odor, the shower stall is so small I dropped the soap and had to step outside to pick it up. There is a notice posted in the room regarding their rules, you do everything yourself, take out the trash, make your beds, if the room needs vacuuming you go to the office and request it, the list goes on and on. There is an Asian (Indians) family that runs it who do not seem too concerned for anyones comfort or pleasure, the feeling I got was that they were doing you a favor by allowing you to stay there. I unfortunately booked this place in a hurry for the holiday weekend and did not look at the reviews, if I had I would not have been there. There were so many nicer and cheaper places available in that area I found out later. I hate to be so negative but I would not want anyone else going through this.

Room Tip: Read all reviews first!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank rotor1851e

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2011

really quiet place, excellent price, you need to do everything by yourself, no housekeeping but they let you know everything at the time so its no a surprise for nothing, i will back soon this spring again a lovely island in this season.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, IN
Reviewed January 7, 2010

My wife and I went to the Sun Tan Village on Dec 27th of 2009. Wow was we shocked. This was the dirtiest place ever to stay in. My wife and I stayed there in 2005. This place has done a complete 180. I am pretty sure that there is new owners there also. My wife and I stayed in the room for a total of 15 minutes before I went up there and requested my money back for the room. We were staying a week also. I had to argue with them about my room because the manager had to have her daughter speak for her because she did not speak very good English. FIrst sign. When we stayed there we had some elderly women who were very helpfull and nice in 2005. Then once they decided to give me my money back they said they were going to charge me 50 dollars. I argued and got that down to 25. I really dont think they wanted to charge me 50 dollars.

This place is on the 5000 block of Estero Beach. I went to down to the Gulf Motel and paid the same price and it was only a 10-11 minute walk to were all the good stuff happens. While this place was about a 7 to 10 minute car ride from our new hotel in the wrond direction. It would take us about 45 minutes from this place to get to the strip.

My suggestion is to never stay at the Sun Tan Village!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple