“Excellent Service and good clean food”
Review of Fresh Catch Bistro

Fresh Catch Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Lee Tran beach trolley stops directly in front of the restaurant
Description: Indulge in a great bottle of wine, a fine bourbon or scotch and the best food and service on Fort Myers Beach. We at Fresh Catch Bistro work tirelessly to ensure your dining experience is simply the the best! Located on Fort Myers Beach overlooking our white sands and the Gulf of Mexico.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

At our 1st dinner at Fresh Catch Bistro, the maitre'd was professional, courteous and warm. teh waiter (DANNY) was excellent. Not effusively friendly as to disrupt our party and not absent. Just the right level of professional conduct. The food was fresh and served very courteously; leaving us to enjoy our dinner and evening.
Highly recommend it and kudos to Danny for a very professional work ethic.

1  Thank 35SSK
Write a ReviewReviews (2,421)

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

It is off season at Ft. Myers Beach so we ventured out to dinner on the island. There was no waiting for a table. In fact, the place was near empty so food quality and service should have been spot on. The service was ok. The host seemed eager to have us and the waitstaff was fine, not spectacular but ok. The escargot was over-cooked and the sauce/base it was in tasted dreadful. The kobe burger was ordered well but came out like a dried out shoe and the bun was even burnt. The prime rib was medium-well instead of medium. There clearly needs to be some education in the kitchen. The mashed potatoes were from a box. The Key West mahi was a little dry.
When you charge prices like this place does, you better offer a better product than what we received. Yikes!!

3  Thank Tracy K
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Service was excellent. Food was excellent. Prices were not bad. Bottled wine prices were good. Grouper special was very good and tasted fresh. Stuffed salmon was not bad. Lobster macaroni and cheese was excellent and had huge chunks of lobster in it. Seafood trio was excellent. Pinot Grigio from Oregon was very good. Deserts are very good. Especially the chocolate molten lava cake.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

A dear friend, M. Remesch, visited us in Block Island this summer and as a thank you, sent us to one of his favorite restaurants on Fort Myers Beach. The Fresh Catch, as the name implies, offers impeccably fresh seafood entrées. The preparations are imaginative and delicious. I started with the Bistro Salad and was presented with a tower of beautiful salad greens surrounded by a melange of dried cranberries, blueberries, spiced walnuts, goat cheese and a myriad of other delightful additions. The salad was dressed with a sweet cranberry vinaigrette that was the perfect accompaniment. For my main entrée I selected the Shrimp Mediterranean. Wow, great choice, I must say! The shrimp were huge and succulent. They surrounded a generous amount of large lump crabmeat and a creamy risotto. I am not sure how I accomplished this feat but I ate every bite of my meal. I could not bear to leave a morsel on my plate. My companions were as complimentary about their meals as I was about mine. Other meals we had were the Chilean Sea bass, lobster mac and cheese, scallops, Kobe burger and a lobster martini with tempura batter. All our selections were delicious. The waiter, Garrett, was very personable and helpful in steering in the right direction with the menu. The manager, Jerry, stopped by the table on two occasions to check on our meals and to see if there was anything else we might need. As fabulous as the meals were, the view was even more breathtaking! A wonderful meal and memorable evening!

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me there for my birthday. The view was beautiful. The food was superb. The service left a lot to be desired. Danny made us feel unwelcome and Jerry didn't even greet us.

1  Thank Turnpiketer