“Food Not a Match for the Gorgeous Gulf View”
Review of Fresh Catch Bistro

Fresh Catch Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Lee Tran beach trolley stops directly in front of the restaurant
Description: SIT BACK, RELAX AND ENJOY. Indulge in a great bottle of wine, a fine bourbon or scotch and the best food and service on Fort Myers Beach. We at Fresh Catch Bistro work tirelessly to ensure your dining experience is simply the the best!
Fort Myers, Florida
“Food Not a Match for the Gorgeous Gulf View”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Took a friend visiting to Fresh Catch Bistro due to menu (he wanted seafood), gulf-front outdoor dining and on-line reviews. OK, seafood a plenty but at the pricey end. Beautiful gulf-front outdoor dining BUT I gather due to location, it is not a direct west view so we could not see the sunset which was why I made the reservation at the time I did. Bummer; but still lovely gulf-front and on an unseasonably hot day, quite cool and breezy (so facing sunset is not always the best). Now the food -- a big disappointment for all three of us. Skip the escargots; we sent them back -- while very tender there was just no garlic and didn't taste the way they should (and they don't come in the shell which we prefer). The lobster mac and cheese was just ok -- the lobster meat was very tender but I've had much better. My blackened mahi entrée had so much blackened seasoning that I got sores in my mouth and it wasn't the tastiest mahi ever. Our friend said his day boat diver scallop entrée was so-so. My husband sent his dish back -- grilled mahi just tasted awful (what could they have done to it?) so my husband sent it back. As for service, it was excellent and very responsive to our issues. The desserts, however were excellent. Friend's crème brulee he said was one of the best he's had and my husband's molten lava chocolate dessert was yummy. Disappointing overall...wish Fort Myers offered better dining -- when in doubt head to Naples.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Must Stop For Dining”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went there last week while on vacation. Used tripadvisor to make our decision. Everything was great and not expensive for the quality of the meal you get. I had the seared tuna, superb, (always need to eat tuna medium rare at most or wasting money BTW) and the quantity was twice what you would get in Boston (where I live) for same price. Key lime pie was excellent. Finally, a good test of a restaurant is the quality of the martini's and you should be able to taste the alcohol and they were great. Only should need one before dinner and that is all we needed. This may sound selfish, but I also appreciated not having little kids running around or throwing fits. Sat outside , but indoor atmosphere was also very nice. Should make reservations during busy season and on weekends.

1 Thank mysaug
Riverview, Michigan
“Early Sunday Dinner”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Last Sunday, May 4, my two friends and I enjoyed a delightful meal at your restaurant. Everything was top notch. The food, the setting, the view and most of all, the service. A lovely lady by the name of Iris took care of us in the most enjoyable and professional way. She was always near us to make sure we had everything we needed. When I mentioned that I'd like stuffed anchovies with my martini, well, Iris came through in a big way. The three of us thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and, again, were treated to the best service by your classy server Iris :) Good luck to all in 2014.

Brooksville, Florida
“Wonderful seafood preparation + great view”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Arrived early for our 7 o'clock, Saturday nigh reservation and were treated warmly, made to feel like a million bucks. We were meeting friends from out of the country who were staying on the beach and wanted to share a special meal. We were given an outstanding table and had a drink before they arrived. Wonderful dirty martini! Derek, our server, was very good, accommodating, friendly but professional.

I enjoyed the Shrimp Mediterranean, delicious sauce, beautifully presented with crab risotto. My husband had grilled grouper, very good as well. Garden salads were very nice with a balsamic vinaigrette served on the side. We both splurged on dessert which was nice as well, not too much or overpowering, but a nice way to end a meal.

Beautiful for a special occasion, the view of the Gulf is outstanding. This time of year the sunset was a little bit to the North of the restaurant. The atmosphere is upscale but not stuffy. All of our food was prepared exactly as it should be and presentation excellent.
I would definitely recommend and will definitely return.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious rich food with great views”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Loved the scallops and the beautiful sunset and upscale atmosphere. We will definitely recommend to others