“Dining here deserves a big 10!”
Review of Fresh Catch Bistro

Fresh Catch Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Lee Tran beach trolley stops directly in front of the restaurant
Description: SIT BACK, RELAX AND ENJOY. Indulge in a great bottle of wine, a fine bourbon or scotch and the best food and service on Fort Myers Beach. We at Fresh Catch Bistro work tirelessly to ensure your dining experience is simply the the best!
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I can't express how just how wonderful our dining experience was! This place offered the best food, service and atmosphere that we have experienced in a very long time. I wanted a special place to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary and Fresh Catch provided just that and more. Anyway, I found their flyer at the Chamber of Commerce and was enticed with their special offering of a 3 course meal for $25 served between 5 and 6PM. We made our reservations for 5:30 and were promptly seated at our selected inside table. They offer outside seating too! You are able to see the sand and water wherever you sit. The "see through" shades that block the direct sun but you are still able to see the beach. We both decided on the three course special but their regular menu has reasonable prices for fine dining. We ordered a bottle of wine to share ($32) and was provided with a delightful basket of warm bread with dressed olive oil. Our waitress Gina was a pro and very sweet. Our appetizer was beautifully plated with one each of a crab cake, bacon wrapped scallop, an oyster Rockefeller and garnished with slaw. Next we had a choice of soup or salad and choose the clam chowder. It's to die for! So creamy and rich. Our choice for our entrée was the surf and turf which was a 10 oz. prime rib with garlic shrimp. The prime was cooked perfectly (trimmed of fat) and the two shrimp were huge. The sides were mashed potatoes and skinny asparagus. Yum... All portions were so huge, we could have split a plate. At least we can enjoy another meal from our left overs we took home. All this for just under $100. We can't rave enough about Gina, the great food and the wonderful view. This place is so great you just have to try it and see for yourself. Kuddos for a wonderful experience!

There are newer reviews for Fresh Catch Bistro

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Not only was Danny the greatest waiter ever and the food scrumptious, but I actually could hear what was being said by the people at my table! Though the restaurant was full of diners somehow the restaurant achieved the ability to tone the noise down. It was so peaceful and the sunset over the beautiful white sand beach was breathtaking! So God (for the sunset and the beautiful beach) and Alfredo Russo (for the fine dining), my hat's off to you! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for five years thinking it was not possible for a fine dining establishment to exist on the island. I admit it...we were WRONG. Just had an outstanding dining experience at the Fresh Catch...from the gorgeous sunset to the topnotch service and excellent quality of the food. WOW!!! What a great way to wrap up a 15 day stay! Loved it!!!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this wonderful restaurant last night. Everything was OUTSTANDING: food, service, ambience, view (albeit it was too dark to really enjoy it) and they even have concerns about wildlife (it's birthing season for the sea turtle; therefore they pull down blinds and keep as few lights on as possible so as not disturb the turtles from moving in the wrong direction once they are birthed).

We started our meal with a Mozzarella Caprese Tower - cheese stacked with yellow & red beefsteak tomatoes, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil & balsalmic vinegar and a fresh basil garnish. Makes my mouth water just writing about it - well presented and delicious.

My wife had a glass of Riesling and I had two glasses of a very nice Sauvignon Blanc.

We both chose one of the ten Chef's Features: I absolutely loved my choice of a Spiced Pecan & Cranberry Crusted Grouper which was topped with tropical fruit salsa and sweet chili drizzle. The fish was served with a very tasty Jasmine rice. My wife chose Sesame Crusted Yellowfin Tuna - this sushi grade tuna was finished with Thai chili sauce, teriyaki glaze and wasabi aioli. It was served with Thai rice and snow peas. We each tried a little of the others entrees and both of us really enjoyed both dishes.

it was my 72nd birthday; so Fresh Catch honored me with a nice choice of desserts, gratis - we chose an excellent tiramasu.

We both agree this was the best fish we've ever eaten! This should be the #1 restaurant on Ft. Myers beach!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a wonderful dining experience at the Fresh Catch Bistro. Made reservations for an outside table at sunset and the view was spectacular! Our waitress, Iva, was very attentive and offered many good suggestions for dinner. There were 4 of us celebrating a birthday and we ended up sharing the Seafood Casserole which was a dish with prawns, 1/2 Main lobster tail and scallops in a sherried butter sauce served with mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. The other dish we ordered was the Miso Teriyaki Sea Bass served with thai rice and snow peas. We were served with 4 plates evenly divided, without asking, and were never made to feel like we were being cheap by not ordering 4 entrees. Iva even brought out a birthday chocolate flourless cake for dessert sharing which was very good. We ordered a great Italian white wine for dinner and it made for a dinner to be long remembered. Would definately return to this restaurant on my next trip to Ft. Myers Beach.