“A little bit of German heaven on the beach”

Heidi's Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 8 am - 2 pm, Lunch from 12 pm - 2 pm & Dinner from 4:30 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Wow, we were not expecting this! A real German gem right in the middle of Fort Myers beach. After much debate on where to eat, my family and I decided to give Heidi’s a try. I’m so glad we were not deterred by the road construction. The restaurant is cute, very clean and our server was super attentive. I had one of the best jaeger schnitzel outside of Europe with perfectly cooked, savory dumplings. My husband’s slow roasted beef in horseradish cream was tender, flavorful and authentic. The food is clearly homemade with love. We’ll definitely come back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,582)

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Best German food and desserts! The owners treat you like family and it is a true German restaurant, home made food! It feels like being at Oma’s to eat.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

My fiance and I are getting married in FMB (our favorite vacation destination) August 16, 2018. There was no question in our mind where our wedding cake will come from. The Black Forest Cherry cake is so delicious, not so sweet and completely authentic ingredients therefore so light it should float off of the plates. We saw the cake and will pick it up tomorrow but of course while there we had to enjoy the second to none jager schnitzel and potato pancakes and my sister in law had the plum kuchen with the most excellent whipped cream. You cannot go wrong with anything you order in this incredible German delight. I'm

1  Thank MonikaJBarkley
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

We have always made sure to eat here when we are here on vacation. 6 years now. And Heidi’s has always been fantastic. From the settings. The waitress. The food we can’t say enough. You really need to eat here. Tonite was special as we finally met Heidi. She was awesome. Gracious cordial. Spent time with us chatting. Also they made our wedding cake. German chocolate cake. Looks awesome. Make sure you eat here. Best German food since mom.

1  Thank dusti111
Reviewed August 14, 2018

In my opinion it's the best place on the island to eat Heidi will greet you at the door and treat you like a king the whole time you're there ensuring you have a good dining experience I recommend this place highly wish we had one in Indiana

1  Thank 44,872,018