“Great service and potato soup to die for”

Heidi's Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 8 am - 2 pm, Lunch from 12 pm - 2 pm & Dinner from 4:30 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

We visited Heidi's after seeing it on TripAdvisor. From the outside we had our doubts but once in it was extremely clean and Heidi and her staff were very helpful and friendly. I had potato soup to start which was the best I have ever had and my wife makes good soup. Then I had chicken my wife had veal both of which were excellent, unfortunately the was no room left for the apple strudel. There is always a next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed November 6, 2017

I love German food and was delighted to discover Heidi’s several years ago, during our annual Ft. Myers Beach vacation. Every customer is warmly greeted as soon as they walk in the door. Heidi and the staff make you feel like family. The service is great, the food is fabulous, the portions are huge and the prices are reasonable - what more could anyone want?!! I highly recommend the sauerbraten. We dine at Heidi’s every year and are never disappointed!

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

First time I really had German food and it was very good! Heidi, the owner, served us and couldn’t have been nicer. The prices are very reasonable and portions are huge. From the outside you would have no idea as to the size and quality inside. Give it a try!

Reviewed November 5, 2017

The food at Heidis island bistro is the best food on fort myers beach, the staff is great and treat you like family. They have the best German food in Southwest Florida and the beer is cold and real german beer. I highly recommend this restaurant, ( GREAT )!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2017

We just spent 10 days in Fort Myers and happened on Heidi's Island Bistro. We loved it so much the first time we dined there that we went back again a few days later. Heidi and Ramona were so nice and their service was very good. The best part of course was the food. Weinerschnitzel, German potato salad, potato pancakes were excellent. My favorite was the cheese schnitzel I had the first night. The men raved about the goulash and of my husband loved the German dark beer. We can't get good German food here so if we go back to Fort Myers Beach you can bet we'll go back to see Heidi!