“Yummy French Toast”

Heidi's Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 8 am - 2 pm, Lunch from 12 pm - 2 pm & Dinner from 4:30 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had the most delicious French Toast at Heidi's Island Bistro, just perfectly coated with cinnamon and sugar - I didn't even need maple syrup, although it was available. The bacon is nice & crispy. The service is very good too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,392)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We learned of this place through an internet search and went based on TripAdvisor comments. We were not disappointed! The quality of food a drink match my experiences in Germany. The Pig Wings (Pork Shanks), Jaeger Schnitzel and the Stuffed Cheese Schnitzel were all incredible. Not busy during the off-season but told an hour wait during season. If we return in season, the hour wait will be worth the visit. Best meal we had during our week on the beach!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit, I expected excellence from this restaurant given the reviews on Tripadvisor. At the outset, I found them not being met.

We arrived at the restaurant, which is part of a small strip including a Chinese restaurant, after a walk on the beach at sunset. We opened the door into the restaurant and we were not greeted, and were the only customers in the place (8pm on a Friday night). Walked over to the kitchen/deli section, which as it's own door, in order to seek assistance. From there, Donna seated us and was our waitress (you will see other positive reviews of Donna in TA reviews!).

I had a hefeweizen, and my wife had wine - both of which were delicious. We were somewhat surprised by the limited menu for dinner (eg can't have a reuben sandwich since that is on the lunch menu). Dinner entrees were $17-20 and can be split for $2.50.

My wife had the entree of potato pancakes (3, whereas the appetizer has 2), while I had the marinated beef sauerbraten. I was so impressed with the flavour, that is what got this review 5 instead of 4. Absolutely delicious!

It turns out Donna is also a baker, and I felt compelled to at least look at the dessert menu. I took a stroll up to the deli area to look at the options in the flesh, which included a raspberry or chocolate twinkie cupcake. Again, delicious.

Hope to go again!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a great restaurant. You do not feel rushed or pressured to leave. It is very low key and relaxing. Food is excellent. Been here several times and nothing has been bad or sent back. Try the French toast and the fruit plate- so fresh!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stopped in for breakfast and really enjoyed the food. Authentic German fare. Treat yourself to something different.

Thank 4snowdog .