“Awesome eggs benedict!!”

Heidi's Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, German, Austrian, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 7 am - 11:30 am, Lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm & Dinner from 4 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
“Awesome eggs benedict!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We went there for breakfast on the last day of our trip and I have to say I'm sorry we couldn't go back. After reading other reviews I am seriously considering another trip to Fort Myers Beach to try the lunch and dinner. I have never had a better hollandaise and the eggs were cooked perfectly! Even the English muffins which are often ignored.. everything perfect.. yum!

“Holy Schnitzel”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

One, if not the most amazing German lunch I've had in along time. Genuinely authentic. Definitely a must if you're in town. And I've eaten alot of German lunches and dinners

2 Thank macornett
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Lecker, Lecker (Yummy, Yummy)”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband, sister & I recently made a trip across Florida to Ft. Meyers for a mini-vacation. My husband is from Berlin, Germany, so we're always on the hunt for good German fare. Let me tell you, this is one of the finest German meals we've had in the states. The wait staff were incredibly sweet and efficient. The food extraordinary. I have to be honest, what attracted us were the German spinner flags hanging from their front porch. We thought perhaps it was a souvenier shop while driving by & wanted to buy some of the German wind spinner flags. Realizing it was a restaurant, we stopped in to see what the inside was like. Very charming, the waitress greeted us and offered us a menu to take with us. We vowed to come back for dinner. We knew we'd love it. It has a family feel, and you're treated like family - very refreshing. After our meal the owner/chef visited each table to ask how their meal was. This kind of thoughtful caring never happens any more. We each had different meals and were in heaven. As we left, we felt sad knowing it will be until next year to dine at Heidi's. A great experience - right on Estero Blvd in Fort Meyers. Guten appetit.

Miami, Florida
“Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

When you first drive-up to Heidi's you are thinking modest little place, if you weren't looking for it you'd never see even though it is right on Estero Bllvd., the main drag on the island. It's warm cozy and very unpretentious. Our server Donna, was a delight. She made recommendations without being pushy, and in fact, we took her recommendation on several of the dishes we tried and we were NOT disappointed. German food is served here with a little bit of Florida too.So here is what we had:
The soup was lobster bisque, here's that "little bit of Florida" I mentioned before. Quite possibly the most delicious lobster bisque I have ever had. The presentation was beautiful. Donna brought out two deep and wide bowls. Each had thinly sliced discs of lobster piled up in the very center, and then the bisque is oh so gently poured into the bowl. The taste: rich and decadently creamy, the flavor of the lobster is intense and I am pretty sure I detected a splash of cognac. I wanted to lick the bowl.
Next we had potato pancakes, served with applesauce and/or sour cream. We requested both. the pancakes are thin and crispy around the edge and the center was soft and velvety. You could taste the delicate potato the other ingredients enhanced the flavor of the potato.
The Hub had the roasted pork loin with sauerkraut and a bread dumpling. Normally, the Hub detests sauerkraut but this one he loved and devoured. The pork loin was like butter you barely had to use the knife to slice it... tender, juicy and succulent. The dumpling was about the size of a golf ball and had a mellow herbacious flavor, which was enhanced when dipped into the pork loin gravey. Red cabbage was tangy with just the right amount of "sweet".
I had the jaeger schnitzel ... Crispy on the outside, tender inside and the mushroom gravy was insanely yummy. The spaetzle was cooked perfectly al dente and went very well with the gravy too! This dish also came with the tangy red cabage - so good!
Donna recommend the mocha cake for dessert and while not German, it certainly was divine. The frosting was not overly sugary but it was very creamy, which made it very addicting! The cake itself was a deep chocolate that was surprisingly light in flavor. Delicious!
Before we left, the chef came out and introduced himself, shook our hands, thanked us for visiting, asked how we enjoyed the meal and unhurriedly spoke with us for a few minutes before moving on to the next table. Frankly, this was the icing on the cake. The chef came across as sincere and almost "bashful" about his food. That is not to say he wasn't confident in it he just didn't put on any airs etc.
This was the best restaurant we have been too since our trip to San Francisco last year. You are in for an unexpected treat at Heidi's and we can't wait to go back again.

• Visited May 2014
“Any visit to the Ft. Myers area would be incomplete without breakfastv at Heidi's!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Food is great, German beers on tap and staff that is present but not over bearing. One of my favorite independently owned restaurants anywhere. Highly recommended.