“Superb attentive staff”

Heidi's Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, German
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 7 am - 11:30 am, Lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm & Dinner from 4 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Akron, Ohio
“Superb attentive staff”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We finally stopped at Heidi's for a late lunch on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. We have been driving past many times and always meant to try the restaurant with the best approval rating in all of Fort Myers Beach in recent years.

Heidi's is a little hard to find being away from the hustle and hoopla of the main tourist zone to the north. It is located around north- mid island I'd say. At the time of our visit, we were the only customers. The staff had just gone on duty at 2:00 PM, Donna (our waitress) informed us.

We both decided to try the schnitzel, but I wanted mine not breaded. Both were pork and one came with schpaetzel (noodles), and I had mine with German potato salad. Outstanding potato salad.! I told the manager that I wished I could make it like that and meant it. The wife's plate was smothered in gravy which she really liked. I received a cup of gravy on the side but I felt it covered the nice flavor of the meat. Just my preference, that's all. I decided to skip the gravy.

Donna took very good care of us, and Axl the owner came around to say hello. The food was delicious, but I need to mention that the pricing was quite high. The quantity was somewhat below average, but no argument with the quality. Also, we took a strudel back to the hotel with us for later, and it was nothing special.

For a novel menu choice, I would recommend Heidi's. I am sure the numerous German travelers to Fort Myers Beach will feel right at home here where it seems most of the staff are German. I gave an extra half star for great service, and we will possibly try Heidi's restaurant the next time we are tired of seafood.

1 Thank fritomann

Coboconk, Canada
“Heidi's is the BEST!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

While in Florida, found this unique but very difficult to find restaurant. We had the lunch special which was 2 of the largest schnitzel I have ever seen on a plate along with amazing home made red cabbage and fries. Lunch with a glass of wine only cost $16.00 -- Amazing!!!
This meal was so huge that hubby and I shared as it was just too much for 1 person!

Service was excellent - very friendly and helpful. They let us park our car at the restaurant while we walked across the street and went for a walk on the beach!!!!
Would highly recommend Heidi's :o)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank jfrap
NRW
“GOOD PLACE TO GO!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I do recommend Heidi's for all of you, which are looking for a nice, small and family-owned restaurant with fresh, homemade food of excellent quality.

We´ve been there for Breakfast and Dinner. And will come back, as soon as we return to Ft. Myers Beach.

Moreover:
Special thanks for the kind hospitality of Karin and Donna.

1 Thank DE_smokey-the-bear
Joplin, MO
“Good stuff”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a very cute place. The food was good, particularly the bread that our sandwiches were served on. The spaetzle was disappointing though, and they didn't have any pretzels that day. But I would definitely go back for another meal.

1 Thank Mriann
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Great addition to the "beach"”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Based on Tripadvisor reviews, I made reservations for the Sunday night buffet (held the first Sunday of each month only) to celebrate our anniversary. They reserved a table a little away from everyone else for us (very appreciated). The buffet was excellent!! From the salads, fresh shrimp, and a lot of German dishes I can't spell, everything was fresh and well prepared. The trays were not overloaded so they kept putting out more, keeping everything hot and fresh. Our server was friendly and helpful, and a German woman wandered by to see how we liked the desserts (I think she might have made them). They were delicious! Overall, this was the perfect restaurant for our anniversary. The décor was nothing special, but the food was terrific and that counts much more for us than atmosphere. The buffet was $19.95pp and very worth every penny.

1 Thank seagull296