“I licked the plate!”

Heidi's Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, German
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 7 am - 11:30 am, Lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm & Dinner from 4 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Chicago, Illinois
“I licked the plate!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Living in paradise means you need to expect less in the way of eating. There is very little food diversity on the island and when something comes along you learn not to expect too much. So we went to the German Restaurant in a very strange location and we were surprised. The restaurant itself is clean, cute and the food is outstanding! The dumplings were awesome, the sauerbraten felt like home and I noticed the menu had enough none german items for those not liking this type of food. Fort Meyers Beach needs more restaurants like this so we don't have to fight the in season traffic to get off of the island.

• Visited March 2014

Michigan
“Definitely worth a visit!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My friend and I stopped here based on Tripadvisor reviews. We were very happy that we did! Donna's service was perfect. She was friendly, informative and attentive.
We ordered the potato pancake appetizer and asked that it be brought with our meal so we could share it as a side dish. It came with sour cream and applesauce, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The jaeger schnitzel was the best schnitzel I've ever had at a restaurant. My friend reported that the sauerbraten with bread dumpling and red cabbage was delicious. Prices were very reasonable. We will definitely return on our next trip to the island. Even though the restaurant is right on Estero Blvd., Heidi's sign is not easy to spot unless you are specifically looking for it, but keep looking. You'll be glad you did!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lilosa
Lawrence, Kansas
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The Uncle Sam breakfast was good and cost effective since it included the cost of my coffee. Had read about this place in trip advisor so tried it

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Stormyjoy
Cleveland, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Went here based on reviews. Arrived around 6:30 p.m.on a Tuesday night...driving in from Lover's Key area. Just as traffic started to back up, we arrived. Location is on east side of row across from RV park. Only one other couple was in the restaurant. Very clean dining area. Great service. My husband loved the side salad with house vinaigrette and cheese spatzel with caramelized onions. I was happy to find a German restaurant with options for my vegetarian husband! I chose the Jaeger schnitzel with spatzel and red cabbage as sides. Food was incredibly fresh, homemade and delicious. We opted to share the apfelkuchel (sp?) - 2 cross section slices of Granny Smith apple, dipped in donut batter, fried to perfection and coated in cinnamon sugar, served with a garnish of raspberry glaze. Great ending to a fine meal. Not sure why it wasn't more crowded....maybe everyone was too busy paying exorbitant prices for average seafood elsewhere on the beach.

Visited April 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This place was awesome. We weren't sure to we got there. the food was out of this world authentic and mouth watering.. The service and ambience were also top notch.
From the 2 servers who loved what they did and it truly showed. The Chef/ Owner Axel took time out of the kitchen to converse. Was a wonderful tasting and total experience. I would strongly urge anyone on the Ft Myers Beach area to give it a try and I'm sure you'll be hooked. Special Thanks to Donna our server for her patience and dedication to her craft and making the whole experience so special for us Don't be fooled by how subdue the front of the building is because once your thru the threshold you'll think you've step back into a German Bistro!!!!!!! WAY TO GO

• Visited March 2014