“Great German Lunch”

Heidi's Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 7 am - 11:30 am, Lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm & Dinner from 4 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Southwest, Florida
“Great German Lunch”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Decided to stop by here for lunch to see what all the fuss was about. Very good choice. I had the Weisswurst Sausages, fresh baked pretzel and sweet mustard, great meal, much better than McDonald's, which was going to be my other choice! This place is the real deal, very clean and nice staff, I will be back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gatorman40

Seattle
“Excellent food and friendly service”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had the special of roasted duck with homemade red cabbage and potato dumpling and it was excellent. The pastries are fresh and homemade and delicious. Homemade bread and rolls and croissants. Can't wait to return for more!

• Visited June 2013
Lake Worth, Florida
“Great Lunch!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Believe the reviews! We had a really great lunch here. Karen provided excellent service and the food was fresh and fast. I'm not really experienced enough to say whether or not it was "authentic German food", but I can say it was really good food! Save room for dessert--the fried apple slices with cinnamon and sugar were divine!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lpslp87
Parker, Colorado
“Great German food in a spotless restaurant with great service!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I'm not sure if I've ever had authentic German food before, but we decided to give it a try and we really liked it! The restaurant was spotless and the service was great. If you like German food (or even if you aren't sure), I would recommed it!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sunshinesaj
Winter Park, Florida
“Authentic German!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

You normally wouldn't think of hearty German food when you think about the beach, but Heidi's is here to change all of that. It is right on Estero not far from the pier area. I lived in Germany for 3 years and have missed Jaeger Schnitzel and Spaetzel like you wouldn't imagine, so naturally that is what I ordered when we arrived. The Schnitzel was crisp and juicy, and the mushroom gravy was just like I remember. My husband and I were a little on the late side for dinner and my Spaetzel was slightly on the dry side, but still delicious. I also got red cabbage which was sweet, tangy, and went perfect with my German meal. They have great German beer and wine as well. You definitely need to stop in for dinner!

• Visited May 2013