“This is the best restaurant in ft Myers beach PERIOD! No question. I'm not kidding.”

Heidi's Island Bistro
Cuisines: American, European, German
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 8 am - 2 pm, Lunch from 12 pm - 2 pm & Dinner from 4:30 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

First of all , the entire staff, including the chef came out to see if I was happy. Darby and Donna were simply polite, nice and professional. Really good service. I fealt like I was in a family home.
THE FOOD? My god! The schnitzel was the best I have had in America. Equal to that in Vienna. The streudel ? The best I have had anywhere. I truly cannot wait to come back a few times in the next few weeks while I am here.
This is an oasis in a desert of limited good restaurants in the ft Myers beach area. I would rate this a 5.5 out of 5.

1  Thank raunchmeyer

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great coffee and amazing eggs Benedict. Ordered a side of hashbrowns and they were crispy and buttery. Yum! Their coffee was tasty!
I'll be back next year!
Oh, try their bakery section. Their apple strudel was yummo!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went here for breakfast only and it was reasonably priced and food was average. The staff were not very informative as I probably would have ordered the Apple Strudel had I know about it. Service was average - no smiles or up attitude. Maybe the German food for lunch and dinner would be better. FOR JUST OPENING, THEY BETTER TRY TO IMPRESS THEIR CUSTOMERS MORE

1  Thank dllrschll
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I wasn't expecting German food on Fort Myers beach but here it was. All of the food was very good and service very quick. The potato pancakes are fantastic and were much loved by our finicky teenager. The weiner schnitzel, bratwurst and pasta and shrimp were also great.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I tried the jaeger schnitzel and the gypsy schnitzel. The sauce for the gypsy was similar to a salsa taste. The jaeger schnitzel got the most positive reviews from our table. The rice was kind of like a rice pilaf and the spaetzel was good as well. It's worth stopping by at least once for dinner.