“Good place to meet people and have a few drinks.”
Review of Mermaid Lounge

Mermaid Lounge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“Good place to meet people and have a few drinks.”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is more of a local bar than a tourist destination. We had a good time meeting people and talking. We decided to put all oldies on the jukebox. The bartender was courteous and even helped pick some songs. The only reason I did not give a higher rating, was they do not serve food. You can order from some of the nearby restaurants and they will deliver to the Mermaid. It is a little inconvenient. I would suggest, going out to eat, then going to the Mermaid for night caps. We had a lot of fun there!

Visited June 2012

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Wonderful bar if you're a crusty old man who smokes too much”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I could tell I was out of place, my skin didn't look like old worn leather and my voice wasn't raspy and gravely. I've been back a few times to see if the crowd changed,,, it didn't. The help fit right in with the clients. Nothing was wrong with the beer or drinks, just not my kind of place.

Visited April 2012