SoulMate Charters - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Excellent fishing guide for families

Reviewed May 12, 2014
James T
Derby, United Kingdom
The best experience

Whe When deciding what charter to take I had great difficulty. Basically they all charge about the... read more

Reviewed February 3, 2014
Dr doug W
Toronto, Canada
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Captain Rob is a quality guy and guide. It's just too bad that the fish did not cooperate on our charter. He found the spots, but the keepers stayed away. We caught plenty and had a positive experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I had my second trip with Captain Rob in April 2014. My son is now 4 years old, but Rob was confident he could keep his interest for a 4 hour trip and he was right. We had a go at fishing and caught some mackerel to take home for tea (gutting all part of the service). No luck with shark fishing. However we found dolphins and manatees quite easily to round off a great morning on the water. Captain Rob knows his stuff and was good with my son so I recommend him if you have small children and want to give them a boating/fishing experience (I also recommend if you don't have small kids!).

1  Thank James T
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Whe

When deciding what charter to take I had great difficulty. Basically they all charge about the same and go to approximately the same place. One captain's response to me was decide according to the type of boat you want. When I knew the boat type I research the captains. Rob writes a weekly report for the paper and does a radio show. His trip advisor scores are outstanding. The summary is it was a great day with a terrific person who is so knowledgable about the water environment and not just fishing.
It was a pleasure to be with him. I can recommended him without reservation.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I looked around for someone who would teach while fishing as a present for my husband who has fished all of his 73 years but had never tried fly fishing. Captain Rob was very patient and knowledgeable. He took us too several spots with plenty of different types of fish. Even though my husband only landed two in the four hours, a pompano and a lady fish, he had at least 15 on the line but was not experienced enough to bring them in. I highly recommend a trip with Captain Rob!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been going out fishing with Captain Rob for a few years now when on vacation in Fort Myers. I have always had a great day out on the water. I have two more trips booked for June, I can't wait.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'm not into fishing, just getting out on the water on a sunny day is all the excuse I need to get out on a boat. My two & a half year old son also enjoys boating, but hasn't the patience for fishing. So when we were vacationing in Fort Myers Beach I looked around for a sightseeing charter. Captain Rob's webpage looked promising and I had soon arranged a trip for me, my son and my mum. Captain Rob knew the interesting spots to take us on a 2 hour cruise of Estero bay. He found plenty to keep all 3 generations of my family interested (wildlife spotting for mum, pressing the horn for Junior and just speeding across a scenic area for me). We only booked two hours and this wasn't really enough. Captain Rob was an excellent guide. I'm sure he is a great fishing guide also, but I can certainly reccomend Soulmate charters if you just want some cruising and sightseeing.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked a full day fishing charter with Soulmate Charters over the Christmas holidays. Not the best time of year for fishing in Florida, but the Captain Rob found the fish throughout the day and kept all of us busy reeling in sheepshead, redfish, black drum, seatrout, etc.all day long.

The boat and equipment are ideal for back bay fishing and well-maintained. Captain Rob is friendly, helpful, extremely knowledgeable and made sure that everyone had a great time. We saw a lot of other wild life along the way, too -- dolphins, manatee, osprey, cormorant, pelicans, turkey vultures, egrets, herons, etc. etc.

I highly recommend Soulmate Charters and will use them again the next time I visit Fort Myers!

1  Thank karzbi
Reviewed November 24, 2012

In the past I have sent my son and his buddies for some flats fishing with Capt. Rob. It makes a great birthday present for anyone who likes the beautiful outdoors we have around here. They always came home with great stories of their day.Well, this year my brother and sister-in-law were coming for a week so I thought of Capt. Rob and decided I would go along this time. The weather was gorgeous and the fishing was a lot of fun. We didn't have to spend a great amount of time looking for the fish. We caught a good variety including a permit and snook. We took home some nice redfish and sheeps and had a fish feast that night. I think anyone could enjoy chartering with Capt. Rob.

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The most AWESOME fishing guide! Captain Rob Always puts me on fish! It is the most fun anyone can have! Captain Rob knows what he is doing and is the most fun to fish with! I outoutfish my husband almost everytime.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have chartered Capt Rob every year for at least six years now. We have done shelling charters with him from the islands of Sanibel and Captiva as well as fishing charters from Fort Myers Beach. Not every captain is good with kids (and I have two sons) so I needed to find one that not only knew the local waters and was great at finding fish, I needed one that was patient, kind, and a good instructor. Well, we found that captain in Rob Modys. That is why we return to him year after year. He does half- and full-days from FishTales Marina in Fort Myers Beach. It's easy to get to and even the folks that work the ship store and marina are so pleasant and welcoming. If you are searching for a charter boat in this area, you will be so glad you booked with Soulmate Charters. This guy knows his business. He's a local. He does radio fishing talk shows, writes blogs, and he can put you on the fish!

1  Thank southmiamijill