“Excellent Value”

Nervous Nellie's Ft Myers Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Description: Nervous Nellie's and Ugly's is Fort Myers Beach's best waterfront restaurant. Featuring fresh seafood, steaks and and the largest selection of sandwiches, Nervous Nellie's is great for large groups or that special occasion. Live entertainment, concerts,and table side magic, add to the fun atmosphere you will find here. Don't forget happy hour all day everyday at Ugly's waterside bar located above the main restaurant.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Second time at this restaurant. I had the hot dog which was huge and my wife had the philly cheese which was also large. Served quickly and our server Lisa/Silvia was great. Recommend you visit when in Ft. Myers beach.

There are newer reviews for Nervous Nellie's Ft Myers Beach

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My partner and I had gone to Tampa for Labor Day, and stopped by Nervous Nellie's for dinner one evening. The experience was expectional. This casual seafood restaurant has a lot of character, the service is excellent, and the prices are amazing. We had fresh seafood including clams, mussels, scallops, oysters, shrimp, and crab legs. It all came out in a big sink like vessel, and we ate everything! It was all fresh and awesome. The live music was great and we had a great view of the boats, marina, nearby islands, and the setting sun from the rooftop deck. We will go back here again and recommend to others. Thanks Nervous Nellies. For a reviewer who commented that they focused on quality not quantity, I disagree. I wonder what you ordered. If it was french fries and a burger, I think you need to be a little more adventurous. I eat across the country and around the world and I was in heaven. :)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was not our first trip[ to Nervous Nellie's. We had been previous patrons at their Fort Myers location near the Bell Tower Mall when it was known as Ichabod's. The menu had pretty much stayed the same, extremely varied and eclectic. From appetizers through salads, sandwiches and entrees, everyone is sure to find a dish to their liking. The portions, including the sandwiches are huge and the beer is ice cold. On the down side, their current location on the water of Estero Bay is a bit tricky to get to. Kiddy corner from the restaurant is free parking for the restaurant, but it may not be seen until one has parked in a paid spot. On the day of our visit, Labor Day, they were experiencing a problem with the wait staff. Perhaps they were overloaded, but service seemed very slow. We were rescued by a waitress from another part of the restaurant who was very gracious and efficient. This definitely won't be our last visit to Nervous Nellie's, but we hope they get their server problem solved.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Located on the waterside and few blocks away from the Times Square with a lot of outdoor seating. We arrived on a Saturday night about 930PM and it was very crowded with no outdoor seating available. We were immediately seated inside next to the window. The place is huge, with two floors. It’s a bit dated and borderline cheesy touristy, but so are most of the restaurants around Town Square. The menu is overwhelming and not in a good way. Some people would love the hundreds of selections on the menu, however, I found it just too much and made me question how they can possibly produce consistent quality when there are just so many items on the menu. I prefer a high quality good tasting meal over a menu with a high quantity of selections. We ordered two entrees… lobster and the chicken finger basket. Both were just okay. A couple pieces of chicken were a bit rubbery. I loved their french fries. It wasn’t a horrible meal. It was an inexpensive mediocre meal and what you can expect for this caliber of establishment in a very touristy section of town. It’s a place to go that is touristy, on the water and to party on spring break, not a place you go to have a really good meal. However, the main problem wasn’t the meal, spring break like tourist trap atmosphere, overwhelming menu, etc… the main problem was that we were sitting at an INSIDE table and we were getting bitten non-stop by bugs. I didn’t see any mosquito’s flying around, however, throughout the entire dinner we both felt bug bites on our legs. No idea what was biting us.. I had a tiny travel size bug spray in my purse.. I even tried spraying it under the table but whatever was attacking us wasn’t deterred. Our server was super nice, but very slow… however, they were also very busy. Overall… if you are in Town Square and insist on having some drinks on the water then sure.. try the place. But don’t sit inside unless you want to walk out with bug bits and don’t expect an amazing meal or fast service.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

No matter how many picky eaters you have in your party, everyone will find something they like at Nervous Nellie's. They offer waterfront seating with an excellent view right under the bridge. Evenings are pretty here. It can be a little loud for children on the deck when the band is playing but overall was a great experience. We went here because so far it is the only place we have been able to find our favorite appetizer- fried gator. We were disappointed in the fried gator. It seemed undercooked and didn't have the taste we were used to in Louisiana. However, the meals were delicious. I had the huge grouper sandwich. My husband had the seafood pasta. It was enough food that we all had lunch the next day. The children's menu has several items and my daughter was pleased with her chicken fingers. The service was friendly and it was an overall good experience.