“Great Waterfront dining”

Nervous Nellie's Ft Myers Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Description: Nervous Nellie's and Ugly's is Fort Myers Beach's best waterfront restaurant. Featuring fresh seafood, steaks and and the largest selection of sandwiches, Nervous Nellie's is great for large groups or that special occasion. Live entertainment, concerts,and table side magic, add to the fun atmosphere you will find here. Don't forget happy hour all day everyday at Ugly's waterside bar located above the main restaurant.
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We just came back from our holiday at FMB, and for only being there 4 days we ate there twice. The first night we went and sat by the band and watched people dance and enjoyed some wonderful Gumbo, french onion soup, sandwiches. There were 4 of us and no complaints at all. Two of us went back a few nights later and had a wonderful Grilled Chicken sandwich and my friend had a huge bowl of muscles, scallops, shrimp etc.. and it was very good. I really like the location and the staff was very friendly. The only bad thing i can say is that there are sooooo many choices on the menue its hard to read lol

There are newer reviews for Nervous Nellie's Ft Myers Beach

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Despite going to Nervous Nellies back in July 2010, I felt it would be a good gesture to note how good the food, service and indeed the atmosphere was in general at this restaurant. We were on holiday for the 2nd time in Florida and this was the first time staying at Fort Myers. We stayed a week at this resort and unfortunately, we only spotted Nervous Nellies on the fourth day of our stay.
Out of the full week, we dined at this restaurant twice, exiting the venue feeling very full, but equally very satisfied with the quality of food and the atmosphere of the dockside both times. The menu was the first thing which stood out when ordering our food... it was HUGE! The variation and sheer amount of dishes available, left us wondering just how the chefs could possibly remember so many detailed recipes. Personally, I ordered the shredded beef for the main course, expecting a medium-sized succulent dish. I was hugely surprised when the plate revealed to me was the size of half the table and contained what must have been a quarter of a cow on two very large pieces of toast covered in BBQ sauce. (As I had asked.) I have a good appetite for food, but this dish was far too big for me, despite the beef tasting absolutely gorgeous. Equally, my family enjoyed their meals, but agreed the portions were far too big to consume - we however expected this, knowing that Florida is famed for its rather large courses and therefore were not critical of this issue.
The entertainment at the restaurant was excellent. The two nights we went to the restaurant were complimented by two playing bands. One band played very relaxing and comforting reggae music, which suited the peaceful atmosphere. The other group played easy-listening rock songs from bands such as U2 and The Police, which was also great to listen to for all the family. Many people got up to dance and the atmosphere remained very laid-back when the music was playing. I preferred to sit back, chat with my family and watch the mild activity on the dockside right infront of me, as the occasional boat or yacht would sail by. There was a small jetty which led out to docking stations for yachts, connected to the front of the restaurant, which was always good to stretch your legs after a meal.
The result of the two nights spent at Nervous Nellies was a lot of weight gain, but ironically some great tasting food memories. I have a very positive response to this restaurant and I hope it has continued to impress recent customers as much as it did for my family.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

We recently ate at Nervous Nellie's for lunch during our trip to Fort Myers Beach. I had the Coconut Shrimp, my husband chose the Roast Beef Panini, our guest tried the Twice Baked Lasagna, and we all shared a basket of Calamari for starters. The portions were generous, and we had no real complaints with the food itself. Everything was cooked nicely, very fresh and flavorful. I am a real fan of coconut shrimp, and this certainly did not let me down. The jumbo gulf shrimp was nice and plump, not overcooked, and had a great tangy dipping sauce! This is by no means a very upscale place, however it's also not a dive... it's overall very casual and beachy, and the outdoor seating is amazing! We sat on the patio right next to the water, and there was ample shade during the hot and sunny afternoon. I could only imagine how pretty the place would look for dinner during sunset! The service was average, our server was a man who looked about in his twenties, and since it was just lunch there was not a very busy crowd, so can't really comment on how it is during a busier time. All in all, we were happy with the whole experience and would go back again someday to try some more of their food. And just to add, they have an extremely large selection of sandwiches and seafood!... We got lucky in that we all loved our dishes, but know how hard it is to keep up consistency with that many plates, so hopefully it would still live up to our expectations!

Reviewed March 13, 2011

We were drawn by the music, the location next to the bay, outside patio seating. The hostess seated us on the patio and 5 mins after being seated the music stopped and we were told it would not restart for an hour. After waiting 15 min. we asked if there was a waiter for our table and the server for the area behind us came to take our drink order. 15 min later our drinks came. 10 min later another server came and asked if we were ready to order. When asked if there was a specialty or anything he recommended his reply was, "there is 210 items on the menu, I couldn't possible know what you might like"
When asked what the vegetable was he had to check, it was swiss chard, when asked to substitute another veggie, they only serve one each night.. No one asked if we wanted another drink, alcoholic or otherwise. The meal came, we waited for the check. We waited to get the card back, By the time we left, the new band was ending their second set. The music was the only good thing about this place and we could have listened to it from the pier for free.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

What at terrible experiense. I had one of the most expensive courses - a large steak. The little meat that were there tasted loke nothing i have never had - the majority of the steak was fat - and i was hard to determine how the steak was actually cooked. Best guess i boiled.
The kids menus was terrible also and my wifes salat was untasty and not fresh. Waiting time for our waiter was longer than it took the food to come after we
Finally had ordered. We have been in Ft Myers now for allmost 3 weeks and this is by far the worst sining experience we have had.

1  Thank Micathff