“Great service”
Review of Lovers Key Resort

Lovers Key Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed April 16, 2006

We stayed at Lover's Key as a stopover while we waited for our departure day from the airport. We did not want to leave. Contrary to previous reviews, we found the food to be good. Sure, it's really only lunch food, but it was quite fresh (raw tuna, feel fine). The staff is the strongest asset this place has, which is saying something concidering the view. Any request we had (Easter Sunday with small chidren) and we had many, were met with cheerful help. These folks were happy to help. How rare. Stay a week? No, I don't so. Three or four days? Anytime.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank MMGT

Reviewed April 6, 2006

I stayed at Lovers Key Resort for 4 days in a penthouse room overlooking the Gulf and Estero Bay. The room was clean and well supplied. I had a resort room with a full balcony that is accessed from either the living room or bedroom. The bedroom had a king sized bed that was comfortable for hotel standards. The bedroom itself I think is too small for the king sized bed and made walking between the bed and entertainment center tight. I was disappointed that the bathtub did not have a working spa. It must have at one time as the tub/spa sign was still posted on top of a blank wall switch. The resort advertises that some units have spas. What I didn't realize is if your unit's spa no longer works apparently they don't fix them. The views from our room were outstanding. The kitchen was stocked with dishes and utensils if you so desire to use them. We did not use the hotel's pool but it seemed crowded every day. These units are privately owned and I'm not sure who is responsible for up keep. Our room started showing some signs of aging that should be addressed such as one of the patio doors was not aligned with the lock and would not close all the way and the doors were getting difficult to slide. There was a slat missing from a vertical blind on the window and there were no screens for the patio doors. The balcony did not seem to be buggy but without screens we did not want to leave them open at night and enjoy the fresh air. There is a safe in the room for your use as well as 2 closets. All staff we spoke to were friendly. I would consider staying at this resort again.

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank jerrysnj
Reviewed January 28, 2006

Nice weather for January which is normally cold however their pool gets NO sun until about 1pm due to it's poor location behind the building. In addition we were told the Penthouse Suites are "better" only to find out our room was exactly like all others and we paid $30 more a day. Facing the bay IS VERY COLD AND WINDY and you get no sun. We were also told you could "walk to the ocean/gulf across the street". Well if you consider a few miles hiking over the bridge to get to the strip across the street well I guess that would have been true. Flippers has a limited menu and we ended up sick both times we ate there so I'm thinking the food is old. It's a very clean place and the service is nice but a week was plenty as there is nothing to do you can't walk the beach since there is none, etc. I can understand why the rates are less expensive than on the strip but I would prefer to see the ocean and a sunset and be at a pool which isn't shaded all day. If you want somewhere quiet, off the path and with a mature crowd this is a nice place. The free breakfast was good however and the staff very friendly. Nice but not for everyone.

Stayed: January 2006
23  Thank passng
Reviewed October 20, 2005

just returned from another holiday at lovers key, here are a few of the plus points,views are fantastic, dolphins, pelicans, manatees, osprey are doing their daily routine as you watch them while having breakfast on your balcony average temperature at 0830 is 75,not a bad start.rooms are nicely appointed, the only appliance not available is a washing machine, although there is one on site.the restuarant is very good but in my opinion the drinks are overpriced.there is a fitness suit and the equipment is ok for the average keep fit merchant like myself.fort myers beach itself is a lovely relaxing enviroment, where young and old, rich and not so wealthy mix without any pretence. all said and done we return year on year just to chill out. there are not many negatives, but this may help, the beach is a living enviroment and my wife was bitten alive by the "no seeums" they leave nasty marks,refrain from wearing perfume,also an anti hystamine may help.apparently traffic along estero boulevard can be horrendous in peak season.do not be put of its fantastic,but do not tell every one

• Stayed: October 2005
12  Thank dicko4290
Reviewed October 14, 2005

Lover's Key is a nice getaway for Florida residents and tourists. My wife and I went for a few days and had a real relaxing time. We are Florida residents (Orlando) so we are use to things being very tourist-like and a little expensive but it's Florida you have to expect that. I couldn't see staying a full week unless all you want to do is just relax and forget about everyday life. But if you want alot of running around fun, like an Orlando trip you might get a little bored especially with children.
The rooms are big and the balcony is great to sit out and have some drinks and look at the sights and just take it all in. Never had a problem with smells or dirty rooms. The front desk I have to agree with other posts is great and helpful especially with finding places to eat and drink. The pool is nice pretty basic though but again, great to kick back and relax and soak up some sun.
OK so there is your typical post. But to be real Lover's Key is good for couples, getaway or honeymoon thing. But kids could be a little bored. There is all this rave about Flippers too. Well I wouldn't know because they stop seating before 8:00 PM. If you're doing the pool and beach thing all day on your vacation, who stops to go back to the room and get ready for dinner at like 6 or something. It should stay open at least until 10. Check out Charlies a few miles down the road a little expensive but awesome steak and seafood. Also check out the Brickyard for a snack or beers and sports. The waitresses are similar to Hooters but a million times better, but yes it is family friendly. And as for the famous "breakfast nazi", yes she is rude, loud, and obnoxious, but we never in the 4 days there had her stop us. Although she is nicer to older guests, she blows off anyone under 40 but what can you do just ignore her and bring what you want to the room. What will she do, tell you to check out?
Anyway definalty check this out for a romatic retreat it is a good spot. No matter where you go enjoy the time with your family and friends and don't sweat the little things.

• Stayed: April 2005
9  Thank Keep-It-Real-Reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2005

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon at lovers key. The Hotel was perfect. The condo was amazing with a great kitchen bathroom and bedroom. The staff was wonderful and we enjoyed every minute that we were there. We will go back to this hotel in the future.

All other hotels in the area could not compare to the value of this hotel. Great for relaxing and close to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2005
10  Thank jppasci
Reviewed August 7, 2005

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here last year here, and it was perfect! It's so relaxing, the view is breath taking, and we had the pool practically to ourselves all week. We just got back from a vacation at a so-called resort in Myrtle Beach, and the whole week, we kept wishing we had the luxuries of Lovers Key, and Fort Myers! Yeah, there is no beach at this resort, but it is just different, and nice! The rooms are so spacious, and clean. Never once did we have to ask for towels. We were given plenty. The room was thoroughly cleaned daily. The bathroom is huge! My dream bathroom!!
The front desk staff makes you feel like royalty! The lobby area and downstairs entrance way is beautiful. I can't wait to go back again! This Resort will spoil you, and it will be hard to stay anywhere else afterwards.

• Stayed: July 2004