The Lighthouse Resort Inn & Suites, 1051 5th Street, Fort Myers Beach.
A total rip-off even using a Travel Guide coupon.
We first stayed at The Lighthouse in 1995, and have always had value for money, until this visit.
The apartment we had in 1995 is now half the size.
Wi-Fi Hot Spot.
We were assured at check in, by Tom, that WiFi access was available in the public areas as advertised. That is, by the office, the pool, and the all invasive Tikki Bar.
We believed him. What a sucker I was?
Moreover we paid for 7 nights, in advance, without checking with my Hot Spot Finder.
2 others seeing me with a laptop by the pool, laughed, and said that they too had been unable to get access, but were only staying one night.
We reported this lack of wifi to the Front desk every day. They repeatedly stated that there was no problem, and absolutely nothing was done for 5 days.
Furthermore they said it had nothing to do with them, the wifi is supplied by an outside contractor.
After 6 days there was a service so we booked for another 6 nights.
Unfortunately this only lasted for 3 days then once again there was no service whatsoever.
Problem is that the front desk and the Tikki bar staff are totally wi-fi illiterate. They do not understand the problem and moreover appear not care.
On paying the final bill, our request for some consideration for the lack of wifi was totally rejected.
Net Stumbler registers “No AP’s (Access Points) available”.
This complaint should be put in context with the fact that we flew with BA, and the radiation scare.
BA’s sole contact with passengers was by e-mail. Thank goodness for Lee County Library.
5 out of the 8 motels in Fort Myers Beach tested positive for wifi. Try them before checking in to The Lighthouse.
Gas barbeque grills are advertised. They do not exist any longer. They do have charcoal grills and they charge for charcoal.
The oven in the room was unusable. Knob missing and was filthy dirty, and rusty.
The refrigerator is very rusty outside.
Cutlery was dirty, can opener rusty and unusable.
On arrival the TV remote didn’t work and was replaced next day.
Knob loose on kitchen cabinet, I fixed it.
Don’t use the toilet before a shower! Don’t use any cold water at the sinks whilst someone is in the shower. They will get scalded.
The bedside cabinet was unusable as the drawers do not open.
Dining table has a folding leaf, but impossible to raise it as the slides are jammed.
There is no lighting over the table, I asked reception if it was possible to have a small table lamp, they rejected my request.
One slatted blind doesn’t work as the angle controller is missing.
Glass entrance door into Room 140 has a see thru curtain. There is a total lack of privacy after dark. Nice for the locals in the Tikki Bar. No wonder it is so popular.
Parking is impossible for clients at weekends due to visitors to the Tikki Bar. On three occasions we had to park in front of the property outside reception.
Local families, and their rowdy kids, flood the pool at weekends. We never saw anyone being asked to show their room key before entering the pool area.
Rubbish bin collection is at 5.30am. Good job we like an early morning walk on the beach.
The many cats create noise at night and leave faeces on the balcony. They don’t like cold water!
The fridge and microwave worked. The bed is comfortable. Housekeeping is very good.
The wi-fi reception at Lee County Library on Bass Road is fantastic. 5 bar reception in the car park. But do go inside, there are ample desks with laptop power points and a totally open, self installing, wi-fi system, all free.
For an unusual dining experience try Maria’s, on San Carlos Boulevard, all you can eat fish for $11.95. Bring your own wine, just pay $1 for each glass. Corkscrew supplied free. Very relaxed, casual, basic.
Food without any frills. Not the Ritz but absolutely wonderful fish. Any fresher and it’s still swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit beautiful Fort Myers Beach and stay where you play – The Lighthouse Resort Inn and Suites! Our World-Famous Tiki Bar – poolside in the center of the hotel – is one of the most popular bars on the island. Join us for live entertainment nightly and the best bands on the beach on weekends. The Lighthouse Resort is located in the heart of the exciting Times Square entertainment district. We are 200′ from the Gulf of Mexico – an easy walk to the best Fort Myers Beach has to offer! Wade in the surf, rent a Wave Runner or fish off the pier. Shopping, dining and open air Key West style bars are just steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Lighthouse Resort Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Resort Inn And Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Lighthouse Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Lighthouse Fort Myers Beach