Let me start by saying I spent 18 years in the Hotel Industry and my wife is a travel agent. With that being said, we know exactly what to look for. If you are a looking for an upscale resort, stay down the street away from the action and pay twice as much. If you are looking for a spot in the middle of the action, fun and offering great value, stay here. We believe that people that complained about the cleanliness had expectations set too high. For what you pay a night, what you get and where you are, you can't beat it. A few suggestions for food: SOB (Smoking Oyster Bar)- great spot behind the Inn and food was great. Beached Whale- probabally one of the best meals we had (mussels were incredible). Junkaroo - Down the strip ( huge portions, great service and food. Nice deck on the beach. Castaways ( the other end of Estero) excellent food and service. Watch out for the lobster machine, its addicting. Bubble Room (Captiva) very over rated and a complete disappointment. If you want to check it out, go for dessert only. We did try the Yucatan Grill, only for an appetizer. The atmosphere was great, the place was packed. The food and service was mediocre at best. Almost forgot, the Tiki Bar at the Inn was great. Inexpensive, true "Tiki Bar" setting. Great local hangout. Overall, if you are looking to have fun and not sit around and be pampered, this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit beautiful Fort Myers Beach and stay where you play – The Lighthouse Resort Inn and Suites! Our World-Famous Tiki Bar – poolside in the center of the hotel – is one of the most popular bars on the island. Join us for live entertainment nightly and the best bands on the beach on weekends. The Lighthouse Resort is located in the heart of the exciting Times Square entertainment district. We are 200′ from the Gulf of Mexico – an easy walk to the best Fort Myers Beach has to offer! Wade in the surf, rent a Wave Runner or fish off the pier. Shopping, dining and open air Key West style bars are just steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lighthouse Resort Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Resort Inn And Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Lighthouse Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Lighthouse Fort Myers Beach