“Could not wait to leave” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites

Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
lake placid
“Could not wait to leave”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

From the girl at the front desk when I checked in to the bartender at the tiki bar, there were all very rude. I was told to get ice from the tiki bar and so I sent my son and she told him she would not get ice for him all day that he needed to go and find something to do. The bed was horrible and the pillows even worse. Pool area way too small for that large a place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tsassin
LighthouseMgr, General Manager at Lighthouse Resort Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I have contacted this guest directly, The issues listed are not acceptable, we will be working to correct these issues immediately.

Brian Roessler
Lighthouse Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Let me start by saying that I have been a travel agent for 18 years and this particular stay was our 12th time staying here, so it was not always bad. Long story short, the room was not ready so we went to the waterfall pool, the pool had cups, straws and debris floating in it. It was disgusting. When our room was ready, we decided to go eat an early dinner first, be arrived back at the hotel about 6 pm. On the way up to the room, there were overflowing big garbage bins in the hallway. We walked in the room and the kitchen was filthy, nothing had been cleaned and dried food on the mini stove, fridge was very dirty, there was even garbage in the garbage can, the bathroom smelled like day old urine, dust an inch thick on all the lights, dead bugs on the floor in the bedroom. We were disgusted, I called to the front desk and complained and advised we were checking out and required a refund. Never once offered an apology or to switch rooms. We turned the keys in and left. This was May 18th and finally received our refund June 20th....a month???? I even sent an email to the Manager stating my personal and business history with the hotel and also explained my disappointment. Never received a response...I sent the email twice. It is a shame with all the competition with other properties on the island and the Management staff could not even acknowledge my email.... Note to self.....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PrincessLSV

Brian Roessler
Lighthouse Resort

Travelers are raving about these Fort Myers Beach hotels

Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The rooms are decent and the bartenders are awesome. The bar is a great time- but its the only bar I've seen on the beach that has kids in it all the time!
They have signs that state No one under 18 allowed in after 10pm, but every time I've been there, there are multiple kids in there- not just teenagers- but young kids!

All in all i like the place, I just don't feel comfortable drinking in a bar with kids everywhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katy H
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was very happy with our stay! The Tiki Bar staff was wonderful! The food and drinks were great and very reasonable priced.The hotel is not new by any means but the atmosphere, staff, and location made up for it. We would definitely stay again. Perfect for a girls' weekend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angela W
Port Charlotte, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I absolutely hated it!!! No live nightly music. No food. Pool was loaded with mostly children no room for anyone else. Parking is a nightmare, one way alley's with no postings. I had to pay for parking and then walk over two blocks to room. Room was gross, aluminium over burners on stove. Not a good time ended up staying with friends at a different hotel. No refund. Forget calling the front desk at any hour, no response, or you get hung up on numerous times. I live about a hour away and was looking for rest and relaxation, not on their watch. Plus to pay over a $100 for this I should have stayed home.

Room Tip: My room also had wall unit a/c, in florida, really!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank judy p
Sorry for your experience that is not the norm. You must have come to the hotel the week after memorial day weekend. Its a very slow week at the hotel and we had some unexpected floor work done in our main tiki bar, and we decided not to have live entertainers during that time. Our Smaller tiki bar and the kitchen were open during the regular business hours so no interruption happened then. The aluminum drip pans we use on the stoves in the rooms are a purchased disposable drip pan that you use under your burners, not aluminum foil over top of the burners. And yes, we have window shaker ACs in our rooms in the little cottages. As for the rooms being FILTHY, I would love to know what room you were in and what exact date so I can investigate what may have happened that the room was not cleaned or inspected correctly prior to check in.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Was really happy with our room back in July 2013.. My husband is handicap and he almost fell in front of our room.He told them and they didn't do anything about it.. Room was smaller then we usually get also., but loved everything else about..

Room Tip: Get a bigger room to small
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I liked this resort very much. Having never been to Fort Meyers before, this resort was in the perfect location and just a short walk away from Times Square, a collection of
restaurants, bars and shops. We enjoyed the hotel with the pastel colored buildings and palm
trees all around. The Tiki Bar, located in the center of the resort, had entertainment every night, either live performers or a DJ. and had drink specials and half-off on Monday nights. Lots of locals hang out at the bar and we had a good time there just about every night. We rented a "Deluxe Studio Suite" which was adequate for the two of us but was alot smaller than the pictures represented. There was a full size refrigerator, small stove, equipped kitchen. Outside the suites was a walkway around the floor with tables and chairs so you could sit outside and view the pool and Tiki bar - very nice in the morning to sit and drink your coffee, and also at night. We will definitely return to this resort in the future because of its location to restaurants, bars, and shoppes but will opt for a larger suite.

Room Tip: We liked the location of the suite facing the pool and Tiki bar.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple