We had a miserable stay here. Our in-laws booked a 2-bedroom suite. It was supposed to be non-smoking, but we opened the door and the place reeked of cigarettes. The office gave us a fan to help the smell, but it never went away. It didn't help that the room was also stuffy and humid.
The "suite" was very small. It was not filthy, but definitely not clean. It included a small kitchen and two bathrooms. The living room consisted of a loveseat and rocking chair. Not comfortable for five people to hang out in. The bed sheets were cheap and scratchy.
We stayed out as late as we could (we had a five-year-old with us) to avoid returning to the room, but eventually we got tired. We should have stayed out longer. The Tiki Bar downstairs had karaoke going ALL NIGHT. For hours, we listened to people singing terribly and loudly. The bar didn't close until the early morning.
When it was finally quiet, it was still difficult to sleep given the stench and the uncomfortable bed.
We considered leaving in the middle of the night, but ended up checking out first thing in the morning.
I guess there are two pools here. One was closed during our visit. The one that was open did not look clean or family friendly. It was surrounded by people smoking and drinking.
Parking is also a challenge here. You may find yourself a ways from the elevator, dragging your luggage through the Tiki Bar.
Our in-laws dined at the Tiki Bar on a Sunday. They said they were given a full menu. When they went to order they were told they were only serving three items.
I always try to come up with something nice to say about a place, but I find myself challenged to think of anything good about the Lighthouse other than that it's in a decent location to Fort Myers Beach and the nearby restaurants.
This is a misuse of the word "resort". It was at best a cheap motel. We left and went to the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa. It was recently remodeled, had very reasonable rates and was a true resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit beautiful Fort Myers Beach and stay where you play – The Lighthouse Resort Inn and Suites! Our World-Famous Tiki Bar – poolside in the center of the hotel – is one of the most popular bars on the island. Join us for live entertainment nightly and the best bands on the beach on weekends. The Lighthouse Resort is located in the heart of the exciting Times Square entertainment district. We are 200′ from the Gulf of Mexico – an easy walk to the best Fort Myers Beach has to offer! Wade in the surf, rent a Wave Runner or fish off the pier. Shopping, dining and open air Key West style bars are just steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lighthouse Resort Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Resort Inn And Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Lighthouse Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Lighthouse Fort Myers Beach