“A true description of this Adventure”

Captain Tony's Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Half day, all day and night fishing excursions. Half day trips venture up to 20 miles off shore , catching a variety of fish, including snapper, grunts , and grouper, providing great family fun. The all day and night trips venture up to 35 miles offshore. These trips are geared toward the avid fisherman.Fishing for, a variety of snapper, grouper, and grunts.The 90ft great getaway and 90ft fishin xpress each have a full galley where you can purchase breakfast, lunch and cold drinks, or you are welcome to bring your own cooler with food and drinks. Both boats have a large air conditioned cabin with dinette seating, and large sundeck for enjoying the sun .
Reviewed February 3, 2013

1) Fun Factor- Very high for average fisherman
2) Amount of fish caught – both times I went, we caught over 15 fish each. We ended up with 7 pounds of filets.
3) Catching the fish – You need to “Hook” them and in some spots you will have bites as soon as you enter the water.
4) Types of fish – we caught mostly smaller snappers, white fish and groupers. The grouper need to be over 20 inches to take home. Others caught a range of fish.
5) Crew – I think all the reviews mention the crew as being absolutely super. They fileted all my fish for tips.
6) Crowding – Could definitely be a problem. We did have tangled lines a few times. The crew was there to untangle very quickly.
7) Cruise and fishing times- Boat leaves at exactly 9:30am, arrives at fishing grounds at 11:30am, moved 3 times, left fishing grounds at 2:00pm and arrived at dock at 4:00pm
8) Food – there is a nice little galley with a friendly cook to grab breakfast (under 5) and lunch and snacks. You can bring your own food and we brought lots because you get hungry.
9) Booze – Some patrons brought their own beer but I saw no rowdiness.
10) Kids – I would NOT recommend for young kids (Under 10) or you will be helping them fish and not able to fish yourself. Don’t waste your time and money fishing with 6 years olds!
11) Accessibility – there were no wheelchairs on board the cruise that I did but they may be able to accommodate them. (Ask) My son uses a walker and that was NO PROBLEM at all. The crew was great!
12) Things to bring- Seasick med, sun screen, food and drink.
13) IMPORTANT – Get there an hour early and choose your spot. Sun side or shade side, also grab a table in the galley to sit in on the way out or back.

6  Thank DutchCanuck58

Reviewed January 29, 2013

On an all-girls long weekend to the Fort Myers, FL area, my neighbor and I decided we wanted to go deep sea fishing. We contacted Captain Tony's Fishing Adventures and booked ourselves on the Queen Conch boat with Captain Chris. Three other men of varying ages were also booked. We paid the half day price, but the boat left at 8 a.m. and didn't get back to the dock until 3:45 p.m. We took a nice boat ride approximately an hour and half out into the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and then dropped anchor. I should mention that the boat was clean and very comfortable. There was a small bathroom on board. At our first of three stops, Captain Chris provided us with our own deep sea fishing rods and reels, showed us how to use them and baited our hooks. As we pulled in fish, he was very informative on what type of fish we caught, how big it needed to be to be kept and he showed us all the intricasies of each species (i.e. the Groupers' interesting gills, the Snappers' tongues, etc.). He was very attentive to everyone on the boat. If bait was needed, he was there. If large fish needed to be brought in with a hook, he was there. Between my neighbor and I, we pulled in approximately 40-45 fish in total. We were able to keep and filet 16 (those that were large enough). The fish was so fresh and tasty! We brought our own cooler of drinks and food, as did the other fishermen. We had such an enjoyable day and were so happy that our fishing expedition was so successful. I felt guilty that my husband, whose an avid fisherman, wasn't there with us. We plan to travel to the same location soon and are really excited to contact Captain Chris again. He said that the summers are shark season, so I think that's what's next on the agenda. We really had a great time and hope that you do too!!

3  Thank Brooke D
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We caught 21 fish, and my son-in-law caught the biggest Snapper and received the cash pot for the day! Hardworking crew and nice boat. Highly recommend this outfit

2  Thank worldtraveler4727
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went out on the 1/2 day fishing trip. We were hoping for some big fish but ended up catching only small ones. A lot caught and enough for the 7 of us to eat but only small fish. Don't plan on reeling in the big one. Just be happy catching some!

1  Thank obb18
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked this charter with my husband and 2 kids in January, 2013. The morning we left, I noticed the amount of people getting on the boat (when I booked the day before, I was told no more than 60 people were expected on a 90' boat). I was told at the payment counter that there was plenty of room, and that lines rarely get tangled because the boat is well spread out. So, we get to the fishing area, and all lines tangled within a matter of minutes. There were over 100 people on that boat...you didn't have room to move, let alone maneuver a rod! Our group of 4 (experienced) fishermen caught one very small fish. Most people on the boat caught nothing. Horrible experience, WORST fishing charter I have EVER been on, and I hope this review keeps others from wasting their money. Total fishing time on this boat was less than 1.5 hours (a lot less when you figure in all the time you spend untangling your lines).

4  Thank Rgodbee1