“Amazing!”
Review of FantaSea Sailing

FantaSea Sailing
Ranked #13 of 75 Tours in Fort Myers Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: FantaSea Sailing is your premier sailing experience in Fort Myers Beach Florida offering Half Day Adventures, Sunset Celebration Sail, and The Short Sail. We sail daily from Salty Sam's Marina. You will be sailing with Captain Paul and his crew. Tropical music will greet you as you board. Cool water, ice, mixed nuts. You may bring snacks and other adult and soft beverages to enhance your experience. The sailing vessel Panacea is a 43 foot ketch rig. Two cabins and two clean restrooms, forward and aft sun decks and plenty of shade. She is licensed and insured. Proud members of N.A.C.O - The National Association of Charterboat Operators and Boat US for the past 10 years.
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Best sunset you can experience! Thank you Captain Paul and his first crew mate Alex and most importantly Maggie for an unforgettable experience! See you next year :)

CaptPaulFS, Owner at FantaSea Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

You are one of the few summer guests that have witnessed a sunset from the Gulf of Mexico. Most of them are canceled or rescheduled to an earlier time of day because of weather. Thanks again for sailing with us and if I can be of service to you in the future just call, I'll be here for you. - Capt. Paul

Reviewed July 30, 2012

On July 15, 2012 our extended family of 9, ages 21-65, experienced our first sailing adventure. Due to Coast Guard regulations our party was divided between two boats with two captains who beautifully co-ordinated all the arrangements. We split between Fanta Sea Sailing with Capt. Paul and Magic Wind Sailing Adventure's Capt. Dan. Their two vessels sailed about 300' parallel to one another enabling our family to take pictures of one another's boat. Conditions were ideal for our 10AM deparure. Not too hot, just the right amount of wind, and interesting cloud formations all set to the back drop of great mood setting island music. Noticeably absent was the annoying sound of a motor. I sailed with Capt. Paul who was gracious, laid back and unpretentious. He even seemed to relish in answering our many questions that I'm sure he's been asked countless times before. His love of SW Florida and sailing was evident. We moved about his craft freely taking photos from all angles. Capt. Paul even took a group shot of us with his own camera who then printed it with a copy presented to each of us. Another nice and unexpected gesture was a light snack of fresh FL citrus. I so appreciate a couple of helpful suggestions given to us by Pat, Capt. Paul's wife. While planning this vacation I toyed with the idea of paddleboarding and kayaking at Lover's Key State Park and then dismissed the idea. She urged us to go and we are so glad we did. A bit of a drive from Sanibel but so worth it. What a wonderful scenic place for those activities. After our 2.5 hr. sail ended the nine of us compared notes. Family members aboard with Capt. Dan were equally enthralled with their experience. The two young adults especially delighted in their opportunities to stear their craft. An awesome time was had by all and I know nine people who'd do it all again. We were so impressed with the friendly cooperation and coodination between these two captains in making this family sail possible. An awesome time was had by all and I know nine people who'd do it all again. And hopefully we will.

It was great sailing with your families. It was fun sailing along side of Capt. Dan and his motley crew. Oh sorry, that was the rest of your family. We all had a ball and when we got back to the dock, it was a pleasure to meet them all. I just wanted to say it was a pleasure serving you. I'm in hopes we get to sail together in the future. Thanks for your kind words and take good care of each other... - Capt. Paul

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I (along with our 20 yr old daughter and her boyfriend) went for a 2 hour morning sail with Capt Paul in July 2012, which was our second sail with Capt Paul! His new boat Panacea is a BEAUTY and Capt Paul is such a funny, accommodating, and experienced sailor. The day of our sail trip turned out to be a particularly calm day at sea...to no fault of Capt. Paul, the wind decided to be a no-show! Capt. Paul did everything possible to make this sail an exciting and fun trip, and he succeeded! Swimming in the ocean, good conversation, listening to some great tunes, and sharing some memorable laughs aboard Panacea made this trip absolutely unforgettable. A large sea turtle surfaced just off starboard bow, which is always a special sight to me. I would recommend sailing with Capt Paul aboard the Panacea to anyone. You will not be disappointed...bring your camera and go enjoy the sea!! It is SO MUCH FUN!!!!

CaptPaulFS, Owner at FantaSea Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Well now... Your review is wonderful. It's always a pleasure to sail with you and I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Panacea. She is an amazing sailing vessel. You said so many wonderful things about us, that everyone is going to expect the same treatment... And they'll get it.

Thanks again and we are always here to share our neck of the sea with you, your family and guests. See you next time. - Capt. Paul

Reviewed July 17, 2012

As stated in my title, my son and nephew want to repeat our experience with Captain Paul and crew. This was my second experience with sailing, and best I might add. The kids thought the trip was awesome and I agree. My only regret was not planning a longer trip. The sail was relaxing and made my trip worthwhile. I would share photos, but I temporaily broke my camera. If you visit the area, this is a big winner.

CaptPaulFS, Owner at FantaSea Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

You and your crew made our day too. Now if we could just get them to want to paint and varnish... We are looking forward to having you back aboard and sorry about your camera, but I'm here and didn't do it... - Capt. Paul

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I went on a half day sail. Captain Paul and First mate Alex were very accommodating and gracious to my husband who is considering a sailboat purchase! They allowed him to be part of the crew, and allowed me to relax and enjoy the sail! Wonderful boat, professional crew but felt like we were all just friends! Thank you guys! Hopefully see you next week when we will be heading back to Ft. Myers and definitely giving you a call for another sail!

Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Yes. We had a great time too. I this type of behavior, buy a boat and change your life... It's just that easy. We gave you a lot of information on that sail, so we look forward to seeing you again so we can put all that sailing information to work for you. See you soon. - Capt. Paul