“Clean hotel, so-so location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Let me preface this review by saying the staff at this Hampton were friendly and helpful! The hotel itself was clean. The breakfast was Hamptons normal, decent standards. The location was a bit desolate, especially if you like to walk, and explore. It is situated behind a shopping center that is COMPLETELY abandoned.There is a VERY convenient shuttle that will take you over the bridge to Ft Myers Beach for 50 cents which beats driving and paying for parking. It rained one day during my stay, which forced me to watch CNN, and Headline News,for my national news! They dont carry Fox News( hmmm I wonder why?) Needless to say I didnt think I would spend an entire day in the hotel room or I would have checked if they carried Fox before I booked. Not sure I would stay here again, unless the price was right(which in my opinion, it wasnt)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear RealtyMan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our Hot Hampton Breakfast and the Beach Trolley! I am sorry you did not enjoy our surrounding area. While there are still many restaurants next to the Hotel, the Winn Dixie Supermarket has gone out of business. This happened this past November, but the good news is that there are plans for a Wal Mart to be built in that location very soon! Thank you and please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went to the Hampton Inn because it is the closest to my house and I had a serious water line break. I was very pleased with the facillity, my room, and the breakfast area. The staff was excellent. The only complaint I have is with the quality of the cooked food. The eggs were some sort of artificial or frozen product. The fruit was not ripe and had an artificial taste that I think came from a preservative. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a queen non-smoking room and found it excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Suzi,

Wow! Thank you for the tremendous review! We're very sorry you had a Water Main break at your house. But also very happy that we had the pleasure to host you and hopefully make you feel like you were at home! Please come back and see us in the future!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn when we visited Fort Myers. It was a central location and we could get around very easy. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. We had a suite with a living area and kitchen, with a seperated bedroom and bath. We were very happy with the upkeep of the room. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Blondee,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay! It's great to hear you enjoyed our location and the cleanliness of our rooms! We are just steps from the Beach Trolley and positioned for quick access to Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach and Fort Myers! Thank you again for the great review and please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Rooms were extremely musty smelling. Did not feel clean. No kitchen in room although we were told there would be one at time of booking. Air conditioning came on every couple of minutes and ran for 30-45 seconds. Can get a much nicer room for a better price. We opted to leave even though we could not get a refund on our second night. I generally like Hampton Inns but I will now be hesitant to book this chain after seeing that they allow this hotel to be part of their chain.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank boboluver
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Bobulover,

Thank you for providing us with details of your most recent stay. We do apologize your room did not smell fresh when you arrived. I am also sorry that the majority of your frustration stems from your Group Leader not providing you with the correct stay information before your arrival. As you noted in your previous reviews on other booking channels, you were held to the terms of the contract signed by your team leader. The Front Desk staff does their very best to give each guest proper information in regards to group bookings and in turn hope that the Group Leader does the same. We hope the next time you visit for a Soccer Tournament you consider us again!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The room was nice, nothing fancy. Coffee maker was in the bathroom on the counter, it worked but was not ideal. The staff did a great job of taking care of the room the entire week of my stay. The free hot breakfast was great. There is no real business center, just two computers connected to printers in the common eating area but it was sufficient to check-in for my flight and print my boarding pass. Front desk staff for most part was very friendly and accommodating with the exception of one young man but he was more patronizing than out right rude when a problem came up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CjStallings, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your most recent stay! We are very excited to hear that you had such a great stay. We pride ourselves on having the best service, staff and amenities in the industry, all while being at an affordable price. I will pass on your wonderful remarks to the staff and will also discuss your comments with the gentlemen who came across as patronizing. Thank you again and we are looking forward to having you back very very soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We were able to use points for an overnight here before checking into the Sanibel condo. Staff is friendly & accommodating and everything is very clean. The site is only a few miles from the causeway to Sanibel/Captiva. Enjoyed the last free meal (breakfast) we will have for awhile, and it was not very crowded on a Saturday. One minor quibble: The wi-fi is "nostalgic," making one long for the reliability of 56k dial-up modem service. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Csupp,

Thank you for the great review! Sanibel Island is such a beautiful place and I am glad we were able to accommodate you before you moved over to the Island. It's great to hear you enjoyed our Free Hot Breakfast Buffet, it is always a hit with our guests! Thank you for making us aware of your internet troubles; We are identifying the problem right now and will make sure our guests don't have to worry about having a quality internet connection. Thank you again for writing a great review and please come and stay with us again the next time you visit the Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Area!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The location is perfect close to the beaches. We were riding bicycle so the fact that we were right near the bridge makes it easy to ride along the beach. Staff very friendly and efficient, beds comfortable. I have come to appreciate the consistency of Hamptons especially when traveling to a new area. Very few surprises.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DJack,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! You just can't beat riding a bike during a beautiful March day down here in Fort Myers Beach. There are so many great things to do and taking a stroll is definitely one of them! It is always great to hear about our guests experience and we really appreciate you making the TripAdvisor community aware of your experience with us! We hope to host you again the next time you visit the Fort Myers Beach/ Sanibel Area!