Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Carousel Inn on the Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$116
Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$200
$170
Outrigger Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
$208
$174
Flamingo Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
$89
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$170
$165
Travelocity
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
$609
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$267
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$209
$200
$80
$78
Hotels.com
Pointe Estero Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
$195
Cancelon
1,176 results
All reviewssunflower cafetaco bellconvenient locationhot breakfastthe key west expressthe breakfast areafort myersfree breakfastking suiteyogurtvery nice hoteleasy accessgreat place to stayshort driverooms were very cleanpool areanice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay at this hotel for business and they always recognize me and welcome me back. The front desk staff is excellent, very friendly and they go above and beyond to satisfy their customers. The hotel is clean. comfortable and relaxing. The breakfast staff is friendly and hospitable. I look forward to staying at this hotel for my furure visits.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Charles S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for such a great review. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Spent two nights recently and due to Diamond status, we were upgraded to a 2 room suite. It was very nice and had all the amenities for an enjoyable stay, including a kitchen to make you feel right at home. The staff was dedicated to making sure that the customer was satisified and, due to that policy, we were not charged for our second night since our room had not been made up when we returned at 9:30 pm. When we asked for fresh towels and were brought fresh bed linens instead, the staffer got a bit annoyed (probably not with us, but the attitude was evident) when he had to make another trip for the towels. We also had an ant problem on the first night (ants on the kitchen table). Front desk said they would send someone right up to take care of it but no one ever showed. We had to ask again the next morning and were promptly given service at that time. No explanation as to why no one came the night before. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare, ample and very good but nothing stood out as exceptional. More than adequate seating in the lobby and breakfast area. Facilities here are very nice. Although small and not enough seating in my opinion, the pool area was still quite enjoyable. No hot tub that we saw. It was not crowded at the time of our visit so it was relatively quiet. Hotel is close to lots of restaurants, the Tanger Outlets and of course, to Sanibel Island. Even though we had some problems during our stay, we would definitely stay there again for it's value and location.

Room Tip: If you want room to spread out a little, spring for a suite...worth it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tripsahoy16
Charles S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Tripsahoy16,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We take great pride in our customer's satisfaction and this will only help us to improve our guest experience. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will make sure that our service is what you expect it to be each time you're here!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

On TWO separate occasions in the past several weeks, my husband and I stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Myers Beach/Summerlin Rd., for a weekend getaway to Sanibel Island.

First, let me say that if you wish to visit Sanibel Island and are looking for a nice, not-so-pricey, clean, well-maintained hotel very close by, you should give this hotel a try. The management here sure appears to want to provide great standards to their guests.

During our first stay, we experienced some issues with the room to which we were assigned. However, with Guest Services Manager (Christopher) leading the charge, the issues were addressed and we felt encouraged to return for another weekend stay. On our second visit, we were more than impressed with the room accommodations. Christopher took the time to ensure that everything was to our comfort and satisfaction, and even surprised us with an adorable personalized souvenir, which was a much appreciated gesture :-)

To weekend tourists who also enjoy an inclusive (free) breakfast, this hotel will certainly appeal to you. The choices of Belgian waffles, omelets, coffee, teas, fruit, muffins, etc., were more than satisfactory, and a great way to begin a fun day of shelling and swimming on Sanibel beach. In addition to our comfy suite, the other features we enjoyed were the nice, clean pool, the well-kept dining room with flat screen TV, and the attractive reception area. Overall, I do encourage the management and hotel staff to keep up the good work! Their attention to guest satisfaction is what made this hotel a winner for us, why we recommend it, and why we will choose it again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rudy R
Charles S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Rudy,

Thank you for taking the time to inform the TripAdvisor Community of your wonderful stay here at the Hampton Inn and Suites - Fort Myers Beach/ Sanibel Gateway. What you experienced is what we strive to give every guest. We are excited to have you back in the future!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights in August 2012 (having previously reviewed the hotel in Easter 2011 - giving it full marks). The hotel has a great location for visiting Sanibel and competitive rates in low season, but in truth seems to have gone downhill a bit since our first stay; the desk clerks had changed and three of the new team we saw lacked basic professionalism (making personal calls, surfing the net, wandering off, poor interpersonal skills etc) We had a second floor room with a pool view. Overnight a very strong smell of cigarette smoke entered our bedroom which we traced back to the bathroom vent. Doubting me, the desk clerk told me that this was impossible, but we were promised the maintenance man would look at it while we were at the beach. On our return the odour of cigarettes was still present and on inspecting the bathroom vent-grille I saw cobwebs still stretched across it, which indicated to me it had not been removed. We moved to a ground floor with a view of the carpark, but where the smell was a lot fresher. On departure I was promised that the pre-paid bill would be 'adjusted' and an e-mail sent to me to confirm it. Two weeks, after hearing nothing, I e-mailed the hotel Operations Manager Ms Estrella, using her business card details. To date she has never responded. In frustration I telephoned the Hilton complaints line and told them the story. I was promised a one night refund. Several days after that, one of the clerks from the hotel eventually emailed me with an additional 'adjustment' which in fairness was very generous. Most years we enjoy visiting this area of Florida, but this experience has made us unsure if we will visit this particular hotel for a third time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Englishlakedistrict
Charles S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your trip here on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry that your stay was not as good as it was last year. There is no excuse for a non-smoking guest to have to deal with a "smoke smell" in their room. It is my hope that you will come back the next time you visit Florida so that we can make this right. We want your stay to be memorable, but only for the better. Once again I am very sorry and if there is anything we can do to allow you to come back I know we can make your stay great! Please call 1-239-437-8888 x526 and ask for Charles Stallings if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Expected it to be closer to the beach, but a typical Hampton type location. Rooms are nice and clean, low water pressure is an issue.

I really liked how fresh breakfast. I am a Hilton Diamond member and am used to blah Hampton Breakfast - this was a nice suprise.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Robin C

Ms. Carr, thank for writing a review about your stay. We rely on feedback like the one you gave to help us constantly improve our guest experience. We are extremely glad your stay and more specifically our Hot Hampton Breakfast; it is something we take great pride in offering to our guests. We have since fixed the water pressure issue that you experienced and will make sure that you do not have to deal with an issue like that the next time you visit. We hope to see you back in Fort Myers Beach very soon!