“BED BUGS - STAY AWAY!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I have never experienced a problem with bed bugs until I stayed at this resort. I have at least 15 itchy bites on my body. I'm terribly afraid that these things could infest my house.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank RLISA661
bhilles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

All reports of pests and bugs are taken very seriously here at the property. We have not had any reports of bed bugs for over the last 90 days and do have pest control to the property regularly. All rooms are fully inspected for pests including bed bugs before the rooms is cleaned and put back into inventory. Would like to speak to this guest further regarding this review. Thank you.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

I checked in at 10 PM, very tired and wanted to have a shower. The shower had an arm on it about 2 inches long and a nozzle you could turn to choose different options "if" you could get hold of it. I got barely sprinkled and had a difficult time to even get the soap rinsed off. The drain was slow so the water filled up in the tub. There are so many wonderful shower heads available now. They really need to invest in some. I found the bed uncomfortable, it needed a pillowtop. The internet connection was super slow. We were on the 4th floor on the end by the pool. The pool looked very pretty and the lobby is very attractive. Friendly staff. Good location. I would not stay here again because of the shower and comfort of bed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Three of us stated three nights in March 2011.To begin with, we had a hard time finding this hotel at night from the airport. I think we had an old GPS but I did read other reviews in which people had the same experience. The staff were very accommodating. The hotel was clean, bed was comfortable although the room seemed slightly small compared to your standard room. One plus is that we were able to open the windows in the room. The pool was heated and was not crowded when we were there. Breakfast was basic, coffee strong and hot! We used the trolley which is in walking distance to the hotel to get to Fort Myers beach when the traffic was heavy.

Room Tip: Named my own price through priceline.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The Hampton Inn & Suites are great for staying away from family while visiting them in Fort Myers. Rooms were spacious with good kitchenette. Only things I did not like: small sink area in bathroom, towels were new and left lint all over you when you dried off, old TVs (how did we survive before HD?), weak hair dryers, and loud AC units. Overall, hotel was clean and staff was friendly. I was a little unsure about staying at this hotel since it has smoking rooms and I'm anti-smoking, but I never smelled smoke during our 4-day stay. Free wi-fi was great!

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I reserved a suite over two weeks prior to my travel date and checked in at approximately 9 pm. When I went to my room, it was in fact, not a suite. The staff was pleasant, and informed me they were booked so no other rooms were available. They addressed the situation promptly and gave me the corresponding AAA room rate (fortunately I had the printout of my confirmation to show that I was paying for a suite). But I couldn't help but be disappointed. Why bother offering the suite as a reservation option if it isn't going to be available? As far as the hotel, it's clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was fine. The wireless was free but the wifi network was not available in our room (which for me was another bummer). The bottom line? I wanted a place near the Key West Express that's reasonably affordable and it was perfectly fine for that. But if I were in the area again I'd probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed for four nights. The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was hot and delicious. The staff was courteous, helpful, and and kind. I left my charger and they searched for it and called be back to return it to me We would stay there again and recommend to friends. The suites are nice if you want to save money and eat at the hotel.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

The Hampton Inn at Ft Myers Beach was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and we were allowed to check in early. The staff were all friendly and the pool area very nice. Price was very reasonable and room very roomy.