“Convenient, but Rude”

Adventure Water Sports, Inc.
Ranked #6 of 72 Tours in Fort Myers Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to ADVENTURE WATER SPORTS, INC! We are your premier destination for 'fun in the sun' on beautiful Ft. Myers Beach, Florida. Come experience an exciting ride on our waverunners, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, and sail boats, or enjoy a relaxing guided dolphin tour around the island on jet skis. If you just want to relax and enjoy the sun, come sit in our comfortable beach chairs with umbrella.Come by yourself or bring the whole group! Our experienced, customer friendly staff will make sure your adventure will be one to remember. You will enjoy our new equipment and our focus on safety first! You will receive detailed instructions on rules and operation before embarking on any of our adventures.ADVENTURE WATER SPORTS, INC. Is located at the Pierview Hotel & Suites on Ft. Myers Beach. Plan your adventure today! Reservations are not necessary, but recommended to guarantee your spot and get FREE parking. We look forward to providing you safe, family fun and we thank you for your business.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Adventure Water Sports was convenient because it was right on the beach at Ft. Myers Beach. I found, however, that the employees at the counter do not treat you with respect or have very good people skills. For example, they did not provide a place to keep your belongings while jet skiing and ignored me when I first asked for assistance to rent a wave-runner. However, those employees working directly with the jet skis (helping you get off and on) were friendly and helpful. The managers of this facility should consider changing their attitudes towards customer service.

1  Thank ana1161
jason n, Owner at Adventure Water Sports, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am glad to hear that you thought our staff in the water was friendly and helpful. However, you should have received the same exact friendly and helpful customer service at the counter. You are right in that our location is extremely convenient, which is nice for all beach goers. In regards to storage, we absolutely provide areas to hold belongings while you are out on the water. I apologize if this was not relayed to you. I hope next time you visit Fort Myers Beach you will give us a second chance. We take our reviews seriously and your feedback has already been shared at our employee meeting. I hope next time you visit Fort Myers Beach you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had a groupon for the waverunner dolphin tour, and what a bargain! Was expecting a half hour run around with the odd wave at a passing dolphon or two, but it was a full hour and half! Training and instruction were good and the guys were friendly and helpful. For those speed freaks amoung us we had a great blast along the coast of Fort Myers Beach until we got to some of the smaller bays, where we idled a while and looked for dolphins. Our guide Joel was knowledgeable about the wildlife and knew all the best spots to look for them. Unfortunately on this occasion we weren't terribly lucky and only had a couple of distant sightings. But the sun shone and it was really fun to see some of the other sights, deserted sandy beaches and a blue heron flew alongside my waverunner for a while. Fantastic! Then another full on blast of speed back to the finish.

We enjoyed the trip so much that we did it a couple of days later and paid full price (still well worth it) Unfortunately the sun didn't shine this time, but we saw loads of dolphins, playing and fishing, so absolutley brilliant.

Might have to do this every year....

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Joel is an excellent tour guide and I'm glad he was able to share some knowledge about the wildlife in the area. You are right, the Groupon deal is a great value! We look forward to seeing you at Adventure Water Sports next time you visit Fort Myers Beach!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We recently went on a 1 1/2 hour Dolphin Tour out of Fort Meyers Beach with this company (we bought tickets thru Groupon at $55 each) and are lucky we came back alive/uninjured. We had never been on Jet Skis before and were concerned about the wind and waves (Hurricane Sandy was on the Atlantic side of Florida). We were told not to worry and that they waves were quite manageable and the guide would be with us - just stay 100 feet behind him. As soon as we started, the guide zoomed way out in front of us and basically left us on our own - we could see him out in the distance. The waves and wind were impossible for us (I am an expert skier and and in good shape) and things only got worse. Eventually one of my sons and I were thrown off our jet ski and luckily managed to reach out and get a hold on it. We were being tossed back and forth by they waves and tried to make our way to the shore. After about ten minutes the "guide" showed up. His only concern was how to get us back on the ski so we could ride it back to their office - he didn't even ask if we were ok. We told him that threre was no way we would get back on the ski and we would walk to the main road and get a ride back to his office. He was furious and screamed and yelled at us. We walked away, took a taxi back to their office, got our car and left.

I know we share some of the blame for going out in bad seas however we took the word of Adventure Water Sports that the waves were not dangerous even to first timers. Their interest was in our money, not our safety. One last thing, during our ordeal we never spotted anyother people out on jet skis. I guess the other companies shut down for the day.

4  Thank 13Ezra

Thank you for writing a review. I am saddened to hear that you received such a poor experience with us. It is not at all what we stand for at Adventure Water Sports and I apologize for that. Our tour guides receive extensive training on safety and customer service. Our customers should always be made to feel comfortable and safe and clearly this day you did not. Let me assure you, the tour guide that took you out this day is no longer working with Adventure Water Sports. His customer service that day will not be tolerated.

I can promise you that our interest is not in your money. We strive for repeat customers, not one time customers. We have policies that prohibit us from operating in conditions that are not safe. The Florida weather is always changing and we understand that if the conditions are not safe to operate, then we don't. We operate on the ocean, and some days can be calmer then others. You mentioned not seeing other companies on the water. Let me assure you, we have a close working relationship with our competitors in regards to weather and safety and we all work together to communicate about the day's conditions and safe operation. The tour guides all understand the importance of safety across the entire Fort Myers Beach coast.

I hope you will come back and give us a chance to redeem ourselves. I will personally guarantee that the tour guides currently working at Adventure Water Sports are some of the best on the beach!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The guided dolphin tour is not safe for young children. We called ahead and were told is was fine for kids to do. The waves are so ruff on the gulf and it takes 30 mins of going through all that to get to the bay, where we saw one dolphin. I was pretty upset how much money we spent to see one dolphin and for our kids to be terrified.

1  Thank Lori W
jason n, Owner at Adventure Water Sports, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

We are sorry to hear that your adventure was not as you had expected. We take all feedback seriously, and appreciate your review. Adventure Watersports prides itself on providing safe fun for the entire family. We are aware that the conditions on the water are not the same for every tour we take out, (trust us we'd make it shine every day if we could) however our experienced guides do take the conditions of the wind and sea into consideration before daily departures. We hope that next time you are in town, you will give us a second chance. We really are the fun in the sun of Fort Myers Beach!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Rented a wave runner from there. Good amount of space out on the water to enjoy a good ride. A lot of fun.

Thanks for the review! We love getting feedback. Come back and visit us soon!