“ok bar, terrible food”

Bayside Sports Bar and Grille
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“ok bar, terrible food”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This establishment has undeservedly received countless positive reviews on their food. It is certainly hard to understand but perhaps it has something to do with the majority of the clientele being part of the 70+ age group. When we ate here a few months ago, the food was VERY substandard! We had a soup (Lobster bisque) which even a layperson should recognize as pre-packaged, not home-made. The soup was followed by an unbelievably greasy and simultaneously bland burger, with limp, soggy french fries and a chicken Cesar wrap that consisted of a few lettuce ribs, stale croutons, and overcooked, over-seasoned chicken.
If you are retired, you might enjoy happy hour at the cozy little bar. The staff is friendly and the food is (thankfully) cheap. One more thing to mention: it eludes me why this place has an outdoor seating area at all. I'd love to sit outside but I'd rather not do so in a parking lot next to the dumpsters. I appreciate the idea but no effort went into it.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank foodietravelbug
Robyn S, Owner at Bayside Sports Bar and Grille, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Foodietravelbug,
We first would like to apologize for your bad experience. This is by far not the norm & unacceptable by our standards. We are a family owned & operated small business & strive to make every customer happy. If only you would have gave us a chance & brought it to our attention, we would have gladly addressed your concerns as I see you visited us in May 2012 & it is now October. You mention our Lobster Bisque not being homemade. We do not advertise that it is. We have found a very high quality product, which we use, & make the Bisque from there. It is VERY well liked by many. Our burgers are 100% Angus Beef, not frozen & are another item that is very well liked. Our chicken Caesar wraps (grilled & blackened) are another favorite that our customers rave about. It pains me that you mention so many of our food items that are very well liked yet none of them were to your standards. I ask that you give us another opportunity, I’m positive your opinion will change.
John Schuckert - Owner

Fort Myers, Florida
“An OK Pub Fare Sports Bar”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The atmosphere is a bit loud, but the food is decent-if-typical pub fare and the service is personable. Menu selections are extensive and interesting. There are about 15 TV screens around the bar area and dining area; but in the bigger dining side of the place their distance across the room makes it a bit tough to see. They could use larger screens or maybe my wife and I could both use new glasses. Prices are certainly reasonable and the happy hour drinks are super. The furniture and interior are in great condition and well kept. All in all I would consider it a nice experience but nothing special. There are several other choices I'd prefer.

• Visited September 2012
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This place looked like it would be a hole in the wall but it was really good. The chicken pot pie rolls were really really Good! Pizza was amazing too!
Service was good and staff was very friendly.

so.fl.
“Don't Pass It By On The Way To The Beach”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great little restaurant on the Bay. The best prime rib around, Excellent Specials daily. Friendly staff and outdoor seating also. Best bang for the buck around Ft. Myers Beach. Try it, You'll be back again & again. Also, The most tender steak sandwich I've had (at least in Fl). We Try to make it there every Sunday for there 1/2 price hotwings.

• Visited August 2012
Port Orange
“Wonderful meal for everyone.”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great food and service. Very,very, helpful server. We arrived hungry and full of questions. We left full and informed and extremely satisfied. We were staying next door so this was great but I would eat there even if I had to drive there.

Visited July 2012