“No frills, but a great place!”
Review of The Holiday Court

The Holiday Court
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Yes, this place is older and it is a motel, not a hotel but the location was perfect and the owner was great. We had our own patio and kitchen which were both nice to have. Beach is literally across the street and you are one block from bars and restaurants.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The location is fantastic! Walking distance to the beach and restaurants. The motel itself was not the best I've ever stayed in (maybe the worst). I hate to give it a poor rating but the next rating up is average, which it is not. The place is very worn down. It needs some exterior and interior renovations. I was afraid to shut the lights off at night because I thought all the bugs would come out. I did search the place a few times and did not see a single bug, thankfully. It's just really run down. The vinyl mini blinds were broke, the dust was pretty thick, the furnishings were outdated. The bathroom walls looked like wallpaper had been stripped off and nothing else had been done. So it was dusty, outdated, and in need of some up keep but again a great location. I will say it's not a terrible or even poor place but it is certainly below average. If you're looking for a good price, good location and less concerned w/ luxury it's worth a try.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank G2Travels
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Holiday Court in early February. We were in a 2 bedroom cottage, which was cosy and charming, although obviously old. We enjoy having a lot of space, so it was a good value for that. The bedrooms were small, but there was a full living room with eating area and a decently supplied kitchen.
The hotel is located right in the heart of Fort Myers Beach, across from Times Square. It was easy to just park the car and walk to everything. It backs up to the river and there are kayaks available for guests to use, which is a nice perk. The beach is a short block away.
The location has the potential to be noisy, but we found that everything quieted down by 11 or even earlier, so it wasn't a problem. We would happily return to the Holiday Court on our next trip to Fort Myers Beach.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Holiday Court is perfectly located in Fort Myers Beach. It is across the street from the beach, adjacent to Time Square and directly on a canal. The owners were nice enough to provide kayaks, beach towels and chairs for guest use. In addition, they also hosted a luau (sp??) for their guests and the motel was booked! Our unit was right on the main drag with a front porch that was perfect for people watching in the evening. Our unit was clean and comfortable though slightly dated.

3  Thank TACBAC
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Read all the reviews before I booked, they were pretty accurate. Nice hosts, can walk to food, drink and beach. Loved the complimentary kayaks, relaxing and saw dolphins. Only draw back of the area can be the traffic if driving.

1  Thank Avery V
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm afraid if I tell everyone how great this place is, it'll be too packed the next time I come -- but here goes. It's just half a block from Times Square, where all the activity is -- restaurants, music, the pier, shops, outdoor bands on weekends, and more. It's just across the street from the beach, yet it's quiet. My room overlooked the waterway below, and free kyaks to explore it. Steve, the owner, even rented a boat and took 5 of us on a boat ride where we saw dolphins! I'm told that's not a regular activity, but that he often does something nice for his guests (barbeques, etc.) Beach towels and chairs are furnished. On the day it poured, I enjoyed sitting on outdoor chairs outside my room (under the roof). We don't have downpours like overturned bathtubs in Seattle, so even that was thrilling. A snowy egret came every day, sitting on the dock, hoping for fishy treats. Also enjoyed just sitting on the benches on the dock. The view from my room (I think I had the best one) was so beautiful, I took photos through the window. It will always be my first choice in Ft. Myers Beach. D. Kaiser

Room Tip: The Eagle's Nest overlooks the waterway below.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank dkk02
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The location of this hotel could not be better , just across from the beach, and very close to the centre of town. I was so knocked out by the room that I immediately took pictures, the other customers were very friendly and the management go out of their way to entertain the guests. Wish I had booked for a longer stay. Great facilities all round , good shower , nice pool and for those who want TV , there were two of them.

Room Tip: all looked good to me the upper floors have a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo