“Great atmosphere an food”
Review of Plaka Restaurant

Plaka Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Good service. Great gyro with generous portions. Restrooms easily accessible and clean. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Platka has an absolutely wonderful location in Times Square. You can eat indoors but we ate
Outdoors. Plenty of spacious tables, perfect for people watching. You can sit and drink cocktails or enjoy a meal. Huge pitcher of beer $8. Now that'a bargain. We all had greek salads,which were delicious. Fresh iceburg lettuce, black olives, green peppers, tomatoes , onion, anchovies, feta cheese, all tossed in a deliciously seasoned dressing. I had mousaka, which was really good, eggplant, ground seasoned meat, creamy bechamel sauce, potatoes on the bottom, just like in Greece. My friend had a gyro which was Huge served with a delicious white seasoned dip. It was great. Our server was Marivel and she was wonderful, very attentive. She said that Friday and Saturday, they have entertainment right there in the square directly in front of Plaka. Everything was fresh and seemed homemade. I definitely recommend Plaka.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was a late, informal dinner. I ate a pork souvlaki sandwich that was excellent. My wife had a small Greek salad and a very ample portion of pastitsio. We ate outside in the area called Times Square. Playa is a good choice for this type of informal meal.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The food was good, I had the gyro platter and my husband had wings and a gyro. Our waitress wasn't very friendly and we waited quite a while between her checking back at our table. We were more than ready to go and had to find her to ask for the check only to find we were charged $3 for cups of water.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Each year I try to have more than one lunch/dinner at the Plaka. The food is always good and the location for a casual hour spent at the beach can't be beat.