“Happy to see that Fort Myers has good Greek Food !”
Review of Plaka Restaurant

Plaka Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
michigan
“Happy to see that Fort Myers has good Greek Food !”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great place ! Friendly service ! Excellent Greek food. We will definitely go back again. We went on a Friday late afternoon and there is also free entertainment. What a great way to spend some time while at Fort Myers Beach. Very reasonable and large portions.

• Visited April 2013

Ravenna, Michigan
“I eat here every time we're in the area.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this place. The food is very good, priced right and seems authentic. The hummus is the best I've had anywhere. The servers are very pleasant. There is music in the square sometimes and also street performers on occasion. Great location. Can't wait to visit this May!

• Visited October 2012
US
“I'm Greek....and I like the food here!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I loved the review a couple before mine.... Yes I've eaten "real Greek food" as I'm Greek!!!

Just ate at Plaka on Monday and had the spanakopita and it had all the ingredients in it that I make in mine. Had the gyro platter and some feta, olives and dolmathes. The best part of the Plaka besides the food is the location! Never disappoints! Will be back next year!

1 Thank jdicke88
Minnesota, USA
“people watching”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice place for people watching in Time Square. Compared to other options on the beach, this is a must stop whenever we are on the Island. The food is always fresh and the service is always attentive. The birds can be a little annoying.

• Visited March 2013
Bangor, Maine
“Have these folks ever tried real Greek food?”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We rarely right a "poor" review. We like food, almost any food. Our problem was that we thought we would get Greek food for dinner. We asked for olives to start, and the young waitress had a problem with that. The Greek Platter offered a mixture of dolmathes (good grape leaves but almost no citrus - more like a rice ball), underspiced moussaka, very limp vegetables, and a strange thinly sliced mystery meat they called roast lamb. It was inedible and we left it after two bites (it was so bad that we didn't believe the first bite). The salad plate used a finely crumbled white thing they called feta but didn't taste like feta. In fact, it didn't taste like anything but fine white crumble. So I ordered a glass of retsina, which tasted like chardonnay. I understand this a good place for breakfast and sandwiches. I'll take our fellow reviewers' words for that. Very inexpensive, and I guess you get what you pay for. I'd have paid twice the price for Greek food.

• Visited March 2013