“A Lifetime Family Memory”
Review of Paradise Charters

and up
Private Back Water Light Tackle Fishing Charter
Ranked #15 of 73 Tours in Fort Myers Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Paradise Charters would like to welcome you aboard our 2014 Tidewater. We offer backwater fishing, and custom charters for parties of up to 6. We can specialize any trip to meet your needs. It is our goal at Paradise Charters to make sure you have a safe, fun and memorable time. We sail out of the beautiful Snook Bight Marina that is behind the Publix grocery store which is mid island. From beginners to pros, let's go!
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I found Paradise Charters and by entering "fishing charters out of Fort Myers Beach FL". The description fit what we wanted, so I checked the reviews. I was amazed by the amount of positive experiences written by people. I booked a day long trip for June 26, 2014. The reviews could not have been more spot on. Captain Shawn is one of the most personable individuals i have ever met. From the first moment we met him, Captain Shawn treated my wife and kids like gold and we felt as though we were all family. His first priority was our safety and the next was for us all to catch fish and have an enjoyable day. Captain Shawn had us on fish from the first moment of the day to the last. We went home with a stack of fillets and a larger stack of photos. We really didn't buy a fishing trip, we bought a lifetime of memories.

1  Thank Jim_60Elky
mamacita333, Owner at Paradise Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Great day!! So blessed to be able to fish our beautiful waters with awesome families like yours. Look forward to another awesome day on the water! Fish On!

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have gone out. This time for sharks. Caught a record breaker and had a blast with a 2 hour fight. Posting pictures soon.

1  Thank Jrm239
mamacita333, Owner at Paradise Charters, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Such an awesome day catching a beautiful big shark!! Thank yall for coming out with Paradise Charters a second time! Looking forward to next time. Fish On!!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had a wonderful 4 hour trip out and brought home our dinner. We went with my parents who are in their late 70's, my 20 something two kids and my husband and I. Captain Shawn took us to a great spot and showed his knowledge of fish and history of the surrounding area. Very personable and patient with our crazy bunch. Definitely will look him up next time we are down this way. Highly recommend him if you are looking to hook some dinner!

1  Thank vibe131
mamacita333, Owner at Paradise Charters, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for coming fishing with Paradise Charters. We had a great day! Yall were a wonderful bunch of people!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and 13 year old son had a blast with Captain Shawn the third week of April 2014. They went on a half day back water/bay charter and caught 13 sharks including 4 hammerheads!! Both are experienced fishermen from Wisconsin so catching sharks was such a neat and different experience. Captain Shawn was timely, friendly and informative. This was the best charter my husband has ever done! The boat was neat and Captain Shawn was kept busy helping to reel in all of the sharks. The hammerheads had to be released back into the waters but they got some great pictures before releasing them. They got to keep one black nose shark and one black tip shark. We grilled one at our condo that evening per Captain Shawn's instructions and it was great! It did not have a fishy or seafood taste to it. He cut up the other shark into nuggets which we took the next day to The Fish House on Sanibel (that is where we were staying) and they deep fried it for us. We had the awesome experience of BYOS (Bring Your Own Shark) to the restaurant. For $10.99 per pound (we had 2 #) we got 2 sides per pound for a total of 4. A complete shark dinner for $22. From what Captain Shawn told my husband, the timing was right for catching sharks because they were following the tarpon fish as it headed from South America to the Florida Coast. It was an experience they will never forget. If we go back to the area, my husband said he would definitely go out with Captain Shawn again. We also told some of our friends that plan on heading to Fort Myers to do a charter with him.

1  Thank FamilyTraveler217

I thank you for fishing with Paradise Charters. Our motto is from beginners to pros, lets go! So glad yall were able to enjoy a great shark dinner! Had a great day!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My first time salt water fishing. Captain Shawn took us on two excursions last week. One day of sharking and backwater and the 2nd trip solely backwater. Captain Shawn is very personable and knowledgeable of his trade, species of birds and fish, facts about the surrounding coast and waters. It was an awesome experience and it was everything that I hoped it would be. Our group had two extremely successful days of fishing. Thank you Shawn and I hope that I will some day have another opportunity to fish with you. "Fish On".....and all the cargo made it hope Ok and is safely in my freezer........
Thanks,
Doug K
Cincinnati, Oh.

1  Thank Doug K

Doug, had a great day with you! Happy to have taken you saltwater fishing for the first time! Thanks for the high recommendation. Enjoy your fish! Fish On!