“Watch out for extra charges”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Esterra Salon & Spa
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I agree with the review written by "not what I expected" in 2012.While on vacation I scheduled a 30 min. massage for my daughter and myself. The women giving the message (Mary) walked in and suggested I get a deep tissue message for $10.00 extra dollars. When I said I was not interested shed asked if medium pressure would be OK. I said yes. She did not mention a charge for medium pressure. The message was pretty average. The surprise came when I went to pay the bill. The receptionist charged me an extra $10.00 for my daughters massage and $10.00 extra dollars for my massage. It bothered me that the two ladies who did the massages automatically added the extra $10.00 to my bill even though I had declined the deep tissue. I got really upset when the receptionist talked to Mary who did my message and said she would only charge me $5.00 for a "medium" pressure message. It's not the money, I can afford the extra charge but I don't like deceptive practices. If I call and ask for a $50.00 dollar massage that is what I should get. Don't nickel and dime your customers it doesn't reflect well on your business. I asked for a manager and the receptionist said there wasn't one there. I was so upset I paid the extra $20.00 just to get out of there but I am hoping this serves as a warning to others.

8  Thank MJM762014
There are newer reviews for Esterra Salon & Spa

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked a reasonably priced Swedish massage. The spa was very relaxing and my therapist was wonderful. Right away she could tell I had lower back discomfort from having walked miles at an amusement park and went right to work kneading out the knots. I was a new gal by the time she was done, I wish I lived closer.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had mixed results. The massage was just ok. The room for the couples massage was small and too light, in addition, sounds from outside were distracting. The pedicure was excellent. Holly provided the facials for me and my 15 year old niece. Mine was excellent and Holly spend time consulting with us on the process and maintenance. She also consulted me when she reviewed my niece and recommended a different service based on what she saw; I would expect that with a minor. As I was in my facial, my niece was to get a blow out to be set for dinner. However, the stylist pushed her into a trim. The trim was more than a trim and now there is an issue for her with her dance team requirements. I was EXTREMELY disappointed that with her being a minor the stylist did not check with me before changing services - in addition to it being more expensive. The receptionist was very friendly and provided great service. She made you feel special. Would definitely return for the pedicure and facial.

1  Thank KAN1115
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked the spa for the first day here and it was simply amazing... we ere helped right away... left very satisfied

1  Thank Francesca S
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I know spas and this one is pretty, clean and modern, but has sub standards services. Well, I did a facial, massage, scrub and hair cut - the facial with deep pore cleaning was a joke, 30 minutes of very light touching and I came with black heads and left with all of it. No deep cleaning at all. The massage it was OK. The Body scrub was a 10 minute scrub and 5 minutes water down, not the 45 minutes delightful experience promised. I do it at home much better!!!The hair cut was horrible, the lady do not rembember her name, cut 2 inches of my hair and left all uneven. She did not even fisnish the hair ends. It was not a nice experience and I wll not go back. For the price is much better to get your skin treatment from the Dermatologist/plastic surgery office, at least we get what you are promised. I was extremely disappointed.

2  Thank suie l