“Excellent Hidden Gem!”

The Sandbar and Grille
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Fort Myers Beach's Best Sports Bar! Friendly Bartenders. Full Bar. Award Winning Pizza. 14 Beers on Tap. Happy Hour. Delicious Entrees.
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Ended up at the Sand Bar and Grille for dinner on a recommendation from the girl at the front desk of our hotel. We wanted somewhere simple to eat after a taxing drive. It is situated in a strip mall so at first I was suspect, but it ended up being a very good little place to grab a bite. The menu was varied with typical bar and grill food, sandwiches, burgers and the like. There was also a decent selection of fish. We had the calamari and fish spread for apps and they were delish! The special was fish and chips, and it was a TON of food for $10. Three huge pieces of fish, steak fries and coke slaw. It was all fresh and tasty. I recommend this place for a simple tasty meal at a good value.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The waitress/server was sweet, friendly. we ordered a Sand bar pizza, One of the best pizza I have had in a long time. The pastry was perfect, I even ate the crust it was that good and ready in 15 minutes.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Sand Bar & Grill is located in Santini Plaza on the quieter side of the island. I really enjoyed this restaurant/bar because it has more of a neighborhood feel to it than tourist trap.
As you enter, the bar itself is on the left. Along the wall to the right are bar tables which have small flat screen tvs placed on the wall at each table. Further in and to the rear are dining or larger group tables.

A nice selection of drafts are offered.

I had the crunchy fried grouper sandwich (waitress' suggestion), which I will definitely order again. It was that good. Others at my table ordered a rack of ribs, lobster rolls, and a meatball panini. All I heard was....yummmm. Especially for the meatball panini. Our waitress went above and beyond to make sure we were more than satisfied. My sons each ordered a beer, they didn't know their beer also came on tap and could have ordered a pitcher. When we found this out, the waitress felt bad for not suggesting that to begin with, and removed the 2 beers off the bill for us. THAT'S a good waitress!
Sandbar & Grill will definitely be my 'go to' restaurant every time I'm able to visit FMB.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We've ate here twice. Good pizza,blt's and chicago beef is awesome w the aju. Yummy! Best mojitos I had all last week. We will go back to sand bar next trip to ft myers.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Ribs, fries, coleslaw $7.99. Great value and better yet taste awesome. Well done sandbar well done. I will be back next time I am in town.