“Very Nice!”

Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Kingman, Alberta
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Construction next door started early (6 am) - but we had no complaints about this hotel. We will return! Nice pool and hot tub area. Nice community room and seating area. Good staff. Clean. A highway overpass is very close to the hotel, but the vehicles are out of sight and not a problem.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul M
HHInnkeeper, Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I'm sorry to hear about the early morning contruction. We hope to see you again soon during your next visit to Fort Myers Beach.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I loved this property! We had a 2-bedroom deluxe suite. The suite was beautifully decorated, very clean and a great location. The property was only 3 blocks from the beach and there were several restaurants only 1-2 blocks from their location. The property had many surprises; a covered sitting area with a television, a family recreation room and different levels of sun decks. The only cons I have are that the pool was very warm, not good when it is hot outside, and the view from our suite was of a parking lot. With all the pros of this hotel it didn't make a difference to us at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank CNOLIN
HHInnkeeper, Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you very much for the great review. Unfortunately with our pool being located on the 2nd floor and the fact that it is only 3 and a half feet deep it does tend to get pretty hot during the warmer months. However, we do have a sister property that will allow our guests to use their pool which is ground level and deeper. We hope that you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to Fort Myers Beach!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Cute, clean and comfy ! Very convenient to the beach and lots of bars and restaurants.... Would stay there again any time ! I appreciated the fact that it was a smaller property so not a lot of noise from the other guests like some of the surrounding properties.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle G
HHInnkeeper, Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
We really appreciate the great review! Please keep us in mind for your next visit to Fort Myers Beach.
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I found this place clean and nice. The pool was small but you are only a 5 min walk to the beautiful beaches of SW Florida. Depending on what you want to do, this place can be the perfect location or can be a tough place to venture out from. If you want to hangout at the beach and just soak up the sun, without the need to get into your car and travel around the area, then this is a great place. The beach is great, the pier is nice, there are party bars and also very nice restaurants all within a one - two block area. There is no need to drive anywhere. However, if you desire to get out and see the area, the traffic on and off Ft. Meyer's Beach can be brutal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Philip T
Thank you very much for your great review. I will make sure to let housekeeping know that they are doing a good job and to keep up the good work! Unfortunately there are certain times of the year when traffic is a huge issue on and off the island but luckily we are within walking distance to most places so this isn't a huge problem.
Thank You again!
Dorchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was really well located just a couple of blocks from the square and pier in Fort Myers Beach. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was very well equipped.

The pool is nice, and very warm.

Despite being right next to the bridge on to the island we did not find it at all noisy.

The price, for the location, was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank MGravelle
HHInnkeeper, Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank You for the good review. Please keep us in mind for your next visit!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband & I stayed at Harbour House in January 2014 with another couple. The location was great, but the stay left a lot to be desired. We didn't arrive until after 3 pm, as we had just flown in that day. We ended up having to take up residency in the little kitchenette by the pool, until our room was ready (there was another young German couple in the same room, for the same reason). We were not allowed into our room until after 6 PM! My husband and I were both having to work remotely that day, and needless to say, a public area near a pool is not the best location for making business calls.
The male at the front desk was anything but apologetic, throughout our stay. The room was very clean when we finally got in. My husband & I had the second bedroom, which was very small. The only window in the room looked out to a public walkway with a wall on the other side, and people walked by night & day, so we had to keep the blinds pulled constantly. The blinds were so thin, we had to use an extra mattress pad at night to cover the window & keep out the light that was on 24 hrs a day, right outside the window.
I asked for contact information for the condo owners, so I could let them know how poorly our situation was handled (I would want to know if I was paying a property management company to rent my condo). But the desk clerk said our only contact was the hotel manager & pointed at her card on the desk. I wrote her an email, after we got home, but have had no response.
All in all, it wasn't the worst trip I've ever had, but I will not stay at Harbour House again, nor recommend it to my friends/family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ann B
HHInnkeeper, Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I am so sorry about your experience. Normal check-in time is 4 pm. Unfortunately there have been times when guests aren't able to get in until later. At that time we had an extremely busy schedule with a lot of check outs and arrivals. Ours housekeeping staff does the best they can to get guests into their room as early as possible. As far as the front desk staff is concerned I will make sure to show them this post and go over better ways to handle these situations. Unfortunately I never recieved your email. I am in the office Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM. If you would like to discuss this any further please give me a call at 239-463-0700.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The location of Harbour House at the Inn was perfect for our vacation which included my two adult daughters and infant grandchild. We were within close walking distance to the beach, several casual restaurants, coffee shop, ice cream shop and quick exit onto the San Carlos bridge. The apt was very well equipped in the kitchen, the rooms were comfortable, the building was clean, the pool area well tended to and the staff extremely helpful. The building was full, but the cleaning staff was very thorough in their attention to cleaning and general tidiness. Covered parking was always available. Thank you for a caring and attentive staff throughout our vacation. Looking forward to our visit next year. B. Barton

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Bonnie B
HHInnkeeper, Manager at Harbour House at the Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We are very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation and your stay with us at Harbour House at the Inn. I will make sure to pass on the good word to all of our staff and tell them to keep up the good work! Please keep us in mind for your next vacation.