“Not your IHOP Waffle”

Tuckaway Bagel & Waffle Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not your IHOP Waffle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

If you are interested in something very different, and possibly life changing, check out the Liege Wafel at The Tuckaway. In 65 years of eating breakfast and generally enjoying each day's fare, I have never had anything quite like this mouth watering variation of the good old waffle. Do not expect to be stuffed, though I could not finish two Liege Wafels due to the rich satisfaction of the combination imported sugar and real whipped cream.
If you are lucky enough to get one, there is a limited amount of batter for each day, so it is first come first serve, and enjoy the outdoor seating in fabulous Florida weather, then it really could reshape your priorities in life.
Of all the waffle joints I could have walked into, I walked into yours. Make it again, Sam.

Pompano Beach, Florida
“My favorite!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

My sister and I are from Fort Myers and moved away about 5 years ago. We go back every year around December. Last year we found The Tuckaway and absolutely loved it. The bagel sandwiches are AWESOME. They have ones you can choose from (my sister and I get one with avocado, sprouts and tomato and add egg and cheese) or you can build your own. We tried their belgian waffle and it is by far the best one I've ever had. No exaggeration. Not your traditional waffle but delicious. The owner Tash is so sweet. We came back this last December and she remembered us from the year before. She set up our bagel sandwiches and sat and chatted for a bit. We will go back every year. Delicious food and an owner who really cares.

“Tasty, healthy, food for all tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

This cozy atmospheric cafe has delicious everything! Keep going back to try new things. The waffles are warm dripping with homemade whipped cream....to die for.. Excellent quality coffee and great isbagels. So many options it's hard to pick one. To top it all off the owners are very friendly, helpful and infuse the whole cafe with their wArmth. Feels like you're visiting a friend or family kitchen. Don't miss out on this island gem!

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Authentic Liege wafels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

What a fabulous surprise to find a truly authentic Liège wafel on Fort Myers Beach! I grew up in Belgium and have never found a true Liège wafel in the U.S. until tasting the one at The Tuckaway! Tasha warns you that it doesn't need syrup and she is so right! Sam's old family recipe is perfect! Crispy, golden outside, creamy sweet inside. My husband had the homemade whipped cream on his and raved about it. I had my plain. We're going back again today!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“If you're looking for a REAL coffee shop...come here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

As is the theme of Fort Myers Beach...Eclectic, hole in the wall, homey feel. EXTRA friendly people...Sam and Tasha know how to make coffee and bake and treat their customers...like family. Stop in...you will NOT be disappointed!!