“Did not find personnel rude”
Review of The Fish Monger - CLOSED

The Fish Monger
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service casual dining experience. Full Liquor License. Early Bird Menu, Tavern Menu, Dinner Menu. We own our own boats so you will not find fresher fish in Ft. Myers. We also have many Beef-Chicken and Pasta dishes as well as a children's menu. Large parties welcome. Dive In and Dine Fresh!!
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Was told staff was rude. However, did not find that at all on Wednesday, April 8, 2009. Food was good. Service very good. Restaurant filled not only with tourists, but with locals.

Reviewed January 24, 2009

We pass this restaurant every year on our way to the hotel. We like to stay on the island for most of our meals. This year we decided to dine at some new places and found the Fishmonger to be an excellent choice. My wife and I both had seafood, shrimp & scallops for me and a fish special for her. I thought the Caesar salad was very good; I also had a bowl of delicious Clam Chowder, some of the best I’ve eaten on FMB. The Fishmonger will definitely be on our list next year.

Reviewed December 26, 2008

The food was great! The restaurant was nice and the staff was friendly. The one problem I had here was that they charged me for a bill that wasn't mine and then didn't even tell me. I checked my account that night and I was missing $40 that I had no idea were it had gone too. I reviewed my transactions and found what they had done. That next day i went in there and tried to figure out what happened. The manager on duty was rude, never apologized once and told me this happens all the time!! She said she had remembered that the server accidentally charged me and then they refunded that money back to my account. Well the money still wasn't back in my account a week later. Now I have to call back to FL and deal with the owner once again. Its ok to make a mistake, I understand that but not to tell me at all was a different story. Even when i talked to the owner she never once apologized either.

2  Thank wallace07
Reviewed December 3, 2008

With family and friends I have dined on Stone Crabs the day the season opened and the food was excellent. They would put on a wine tasting party to celebrate the Stone Crab harvest it was great. The restaurant itself is just average, but the staff was very friendly and the service was great. An excellent value for your buck, I can't wait to return to their Stone Crab Party.

1  Thank CucamongaKid
Reviewed November 9, 2008

We went after recommendations from TA forum, we were not disappointed. The fish was BEAUTIFUL. I had crab cakes which I loved. This place looks unappealling but don't be put off give it a go.

2  Thank L38