“Fish monger,A good place for seafood, of course”
Review of The Fish Monger - CLOSED

The Fish Monger
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service casual dining experience. Full Liquor License. Early Bird Menu, Tavern Menu, Dinner Menu. We own our own boats so you will not find fresher fish in Ft. Myers. We also have many Beef-Chicken and Pasta dishes as well as a children's menu. Large parties welcome. Dive In and Dine Fresh!!
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The seafood is excellent but the facility looks like it could fall down around you, really quite a dump. Hope the kitchen is kept up and clean. Like the aquariums, they are very nice and well kept, and despite the lack of maintenance or perhaps any maintenance to the building and parking lot I have a good feel about the place. Seafood price is kind of high, not different than any fine dining establishment one might find in the area. Will dine here on next visit and probably evey visit I might make to the area as I kind of like the place the way it is, just a personal thing though, might not be for everyone.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

A great place where locals go for fresh seafood. I had the stuffed shrimp and my husband had their special scamp grouper. Both dinners were awesome. They also serve fresh hot bread. This place was recommended last year to us and we loved it. We had the same waitress as last year and she was very friendly and helpful when trying to decide what to order. Their prices are very reasonable. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

After my initial review, my wife and I returned two more times to enjoy the wonderful fish they serve. We each had something different each time, porgy, albacore, tilefish and found each a treat. A testament is that this is a place the locals go to as we met a member of the town council enjoying dinner with his wife and friends.

1  Thank JHAllen
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Surprised to find just one review for this place at the foot of the bridge to Sanibel.... not new to the area and always busy. They have a vey large seafood menu with many non-standard items, and a large 'specials' menu of that day's catch of other fishes caught that day. Their own fresh bread, nice salads, delicious ( not frozen!) side veg. VERY busy place....call for reservations. Small bar.. great service. Nice aquarium-wall dining room. Their best seller is a 3-nut crusted grouper, which husband said as delish, but his was a bit dry that day. but overheard several people saying they come in for it. I had fresh blue-crab stuffed shrimp.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

About 15 years ago we ate at the Fish Monger and I've been talking about their nut encrusted grouper ever since. We couldn't remember the name of the restaurant but did remember the area and ended up eating their twice in the week we visited Ft. Myers. Everything we were served was excellent and the grouper was just as good as I remembered it. All of the fish they use is fresh and never frozen and it sure makes a difference. This place is clean but not fancy and the food is reasonably priced.

1  Thank lindafraut