“Not my favorite.”

The Fish Monger
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service casual dining experience. Full Liquor License. Early Bird Menu, Tavern Menu, Dinner Menu. We own our own boats so you will not find fresher fish in Ft. Myers. We also have many Beef-Chicken and Pasta dishes as well as a children's menu. Large parties welcome. Dive In and Dine Fresh!!
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We ate out a lot while visiting ft Myers. Of all the places we went this was my least favorite. Could be because they are getting ready to close for the season and we were told they were out Of lot of stuff (like jack Daniels!). My mom and aunt, who are from new Orleans got the "new Orleans style shrimp gumbo" which was neither New Orleans or shrimp. I thought the food was bland. It is a lot better looking in the inside than out.

1  Thank franmom

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is not a fancy restaurant but one goes for some of the freshest seafood around. We shared a salmon patty (tender and tasty and made with fresh salmon) as an appetizer. Get the caesar salad (anchovies optional) to begin your meal, always done well. The snapper francaise ($22) was a filet sauted in an egg batter and topped with a lemon cream sauce--tender, succulent, fresh. The coconut shrimp and gumbo got nods of approval. A blackened fish with what appeared to be homemade parpadelle pasta also got high marks. Our server was knowledgabe, friendly and attentive. Look for coupons in the beach papers to save a couple dollars. Decorated in a nautical theme, the back room is also lined with acquariums where you can watch fish darting about.

2  Thank das007ta
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is not a fancy restaurant and the dining room is more reminiscent of those I visited as a child with my parents, notty pine panelling and lots of aquariums. Go for the food and service both of which are absolutely top notch. We have always had servers who genuinely know the menu and specials and do a great job at making sure you have everything you need for an enjoyable meal. The fish is absolutely the freshest anywhere and usually served simply grilled or pan fried with uncomplicated but delicious sauces. The sides are again, simple and a throwback-I love the cole slaw. I think I had the best ever clam chowder here but it was a special and not always available. If you want a great meal, reasonably priced head right for The Fish Monger.

1  Thank SWP
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband caught a bunch of tuna down in the keys. They seared it for us and it was FANTASTIC! We are in Ft Myers alot and everyone was always telling us to go here. The thing that stopped me was no view. WOW, was I impressed. Its nice to go to a place that the waitress and owners care and want to give you excellent service. Also, I am not a strawberry daquiri gal but that bartender makes the best I have ever had! Affordable and they have a kids menu! Don't get turned away by the older decor. Not to be missed. Everyone's food looked so good. And best Key Lime Pie I have had in Florida!!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was in Fort Myers Beach with my cousin for a get away vacation. We had dinner at the Fish Monger, and were so glad that we went over the bridge to try the place. We were actually looking for a nother restaurant, but missed the entrance, passed by the Fish Monger and went in. We were glad we did.

The atmosphere was casual, simple and comfortable, and the restaurant was neat and clean. The staff was very friendly, and service was really good. My cousin had two appetizer for her meal, the ceviche and the steamed clams, both of which she said were great (I don't eat either of those items, so didn't try). I had the steamed one pound of shrimp. The shrimp were huge, not tough, cooked just right and way more than I could eat. We took the rest of the shrimp back to our room fridge and had for lunch the next day. The bread was great, too, and we enjoyed the rest of that for lunch as well.

If you're looking for a casual place and good food, be sure to check out the Fish Monger.

1  Thank CatJean