“Great Service”

The Fish Monger
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service casual dining experience. Full Liquor License. Early Bird Menu, Tavern Menu, Dinner Menu. We own our own boats so you will not find fresher fish in Ft. Myers. We also have many Beef-Chicken and Pasta dishes as well as a children's menu. Large parties welcome. Dive In and Dine Fresh!!
Elgin
“Great Service”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband caught a bunch of tuna down in the keys. They seared it for us and it was FANTASTIC! We are in Ft Myers alot and everyone was always telling us to go here. The thing that stopped me was no view. WOW, was I impressed. Its nice to go to a place that the waitress and owners care and want to give you excellent service. Also, I am not a strawberry daquiri gal but that bartender makes the best I have ever had! Affordable and they have a kids menu! Don't get turned away by the older decor. Not to be missed. Everyone's food looked so good. And best Key Lime Pie I have had in Florida!!

New Jersey
“Great Meal”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was in Fort Myers Beach with my cousin for a get away vacation. We had dinner at the Fish Monger, and were so glad that we went over the bridge to try the place. We were actually looking for a nother restaurant, but missed the entrance, passed by the Fish Monger and went in. We were glad we did.

The atmosphere was casual, simple and comfortable, and the restaurant was neat and clean. The staff was very friendly, and service was really good. My cousin had two appetizer for her meal, the ceviche and the steamed clams, both of which she said were great (I don't eat either of those items, so didn't try). I had the steamed one pound of shrimp. The shrimp were huge, not tough, cooked just right and way more than I could eat. We took the rest of the shrimp back to our room fridge and had for lunch the next day. The bread was great, too, and we enjoyed the rest of that for lunch as well.

If you're looking for a casual place and good food, be sure to check out the Fish Monger.

1 Thank CatJean
Montague, New Jersey, United States
“Freshest Sea Food in town!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband & I were visiting in Cape Coral Fl. in Jan. & Feb. We wanted to have a seafood meal & The Fish Monger was recommended to us. The atmosphere is warm & friendly & the service excellent! Our server Donna was wonderful & very helpful with her recommendations. She informed us that the reason the restaurants fish is so fresh, is that the owners have their own fishing fleet . We both had Shrimp Scampi which was wonderful--what a difference when the shrimp is that fresh! a very nice touch is the salad--they always serve fresh Ceasar Salad, which was great! We will definitely go back on our next visit to the area! A triple play--great food, service & atmosphere!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank KathyDermodyHartman
Cincinnati
“The Fish Monger is Nothing Special; Not Enough to Bring Me Back”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

During our recent stay in Fort Myers, Florida, we dined at the Fish Monger Restaurant, which is located just before the bridge entering the Fort Myers Beach "Time Square" area. If you're looking for the restaurant while driving, keep a sharp eye out for the establishment because the sign is directly on the side of the building and not terribly visible from the road, especially if cars are parked in front of the sign.

The decor of the restaurant probably hasn't been updated since the 1970's, but that's OK. There are no seats with a view, so if that's important to you, then this is not the restaurant for you. We dined on a weeknight about 7:30pm, and we practically had the whole place to ourselves; there were maybe three other tables with guests in the room we were in.

The server was very nice but not overly attentive. Bussers and other staff were also pleasant and did their jobs.

We started with the calamari, which was topped with a lemony cream sauce and banana peppers. It was just enough for two people to share. We also ordered the clams in a broth; the menu boasted that we would want to drink the broth because it was so good. Of the two appetizers, the clams win. The calamari was OK, but nothing special. We used the bread that was served to mop up any remaining clam broth (the whipped butter that was served with the bread was some processed concoction which I thought was not very good, so I didn't use it).

We each had the Caesar Salad next. There is nothing more I can say about the salad, other than it was nothing special. Just average. I've had Caesar salads that were far better.

For our main courses, we ordered baked snapper topped with crab, and broiled grouper. Both came with strips of steamed vegetables on the side. Both dishes were good, but again, nothing that dazzled us.

The menu suggested that a side dish of linguini in a lemon butter sauce would go well with the grouper, so I tried it....If you are in the mood to order pasta with or for your dinner, DO NOT order it here! The menu should have read something like " a small pool of melted butter with drowning linguini swimming for it's life." A serving dish about six inches long probably had about two sticks-worth of melted butter drowning the linguini. Two bites were enough for me. I could feel my arteries hardening just looking at it.

With a few beers for me and a few glasses of wine for her, our final bill before tip was around $95. Was it worth that amount of money? An emphatic NO.

The next time we're in the Fort Myers area, we'll try a different restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
“A genuine southwest Florida seafood experience - do not miss it!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

It's not much to look at from the road, but this is a place not to miss. If you seek fresh seafood in a relaxed, old school decor, outstanding & friendly service, at a fair cost - the Fish Monger is it! From the boat dock to their kitchen is a daily parade of fresh shrimp, crab, oysters, grouper, snapper & friends. This wonderfully enjoyable establishment is woefully underrated!

3 Thank WanderingDiddy