“Grouper!!”
Review of Pinchers

Pinchers
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Grouper!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I always eat grouper when visiting Florida. We went here because I had researched tiki bars in Fort Myers Beach. Not realizing it was part of a hotel we were a little skeptical, but the bar delivered. Not only was it 2 for 1 drinks, I had the best grouper sandwich I have ever had in Florida, and i've eaten them all over the state. Biggest and juiciest piece of fish ever. It came with two sides also. Definitely will be back if we're ever in Fort Myers again. The bar is also right on the beach and live music starts in the afternoon.

Ballston Lake, New York
“great experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We loved our server, Karen. She was cheerful and recommended our new favorite drink, lemonade with tequila. My crab cake and my husbands mahi were delish.Perfect place to grab a cold drink after sitting at the beach. Located behind wyndham resort and right on the beach. Will definatly return when we visit Ft. Myers again and we'll ask for Karen.

Painesville
“Serivice was Slow and Food was just Okay.”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The problem is getting the server to come to your table. We had to ask a couple of times to get someone over to take our order. The food is mediocre at best. There are much nicer places to eat right down the road.

Madeira Beach, Florida
“Hated it”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have eaten at two other Pincher's Crab Shacks and really liked them. I don't know if this was an off night for this place or if this is not one of the chain's good sites. There were not many people in the restaurant and it was at dinner time.....unusual because the other two are always packed when I've eaten there. The waitress was not particularly attentive. My raw oysters were very small and in fact on one shell there was only a piece of a partial oyster. I asked for butter for my potatoes explaining that I did not like margarines or spreads. When my scallop dinner arrived it was lukewarm, the portion was dwarfed on a large sized platter and the coleslaw was warm. The waitress brought me 3 tub portions of spread. It was several minutes before she checked back and when I showed her the spread she shrugged and walked away. Never offering to replace my potatoes with another side my dinner consisted of 5 raw oysters and 7 scallops. Paying $30 including tip for that meal was an insult. The manager never came to my table...but then again how would he even know I might need to talk.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lazrlady
Akron, Ohio
“Probably my last review of the Pincher's Tiki Bar.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We are Fort Myers Beach regulars, and have been to The Tiki Bar at the Windham many times, even back when it was a Holiday Inn. This last visit (and I DO mean last) was on Thursday, May 8, 2014, at approximately 2PM. We came for a late lunch; she was quite hungry. We ordered drinks; happy hour beer for me (2 for five 75) and a pina colada for her. The beer was good but the mixed drink was very weak. I tried it. And it was overpriced.

The food we ordered arrived; chicken wings for me (pretty good) and she had the crab cake. Small portion; nothing on the side, way overpriced! When the manager came around I didn't feel like starting a fight, to ruin our vacation, so I just paid and we left after giving a nice tip. I was so disappointed but tried not to let it show.

Of all the places to eat and imbibe in Fort Myers Beach, Pincher's Tiki Bar has been a regular for me in the past, but no more. I know that they have a pretty much captive audience on the south end of the beach, and on weekend nights they have live music, but we always have a car, so we can choose better places to eat and drink in the future.

You probably should, too