“FUN TIMES AND GOOD FOOD!”
Review of Pinchers

Pinchers
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good food and good times! It is great that it is on the beach. The kids can go play on the beach while the adults relax and listen to the live music with some adult beverages.

There are newer reviews for Pinchers

Reviewed April 15, 2013

stayed at the Holiday Inn. Ate dinner here one night. Seemed OK nothing special a bit overpriced for the food.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family and I went to the Tiki Bar almost every night of our trip. It's a great atmosphere and they have live music every night! The appetizers are also pretty reasonably priced and the service was fantastic! They were very quick getting our drinks and appetizers. Definitely recommend stopping by!!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Ok let me start out by saying that I was the maid of honor for a wedding that took place at the Holiday Inn and was catered/arranged by Pinchers Easter weekend. I am under the impression that Pinchers employes the wedding coordinator that was hired for this wedding so hence my review here.

I must say that the food was fantastic. I am going to literally walk you down the buffet line. The sundried tomato rolls and the breadsticks were fantastic (I lost 28lbs for this wedding and helped myself to 3 rolls obviously they were worth the kink in the diet). The salad was simple and not pre-assembled (huge perk in my book as I am not a fan of cucumbers or onions) and everything was very fresh. The rice was to die for and I think more people took seconds on that than anything else. The salmon was perfectly cooked to anyone's liking because if you paid enough attention when selecting your piece you could actually get it medium to well. I'm a medium fan so again huge perk. I skipped the veggies but they looked scrumptious and the Marsala was very yummy. I engaged in conversation with the kitchen staff who kept everything steaming fresh and very full and everyone seemed to be in high spirits and in a great mood. My glass was never empty and my plate was always full. It seemed that Pinchers was on top of everything when it came to the service and food, always one step ahead. Congrats Pinchers kitchen and serving staff. That was seriously the only positive thing I have to write here!

Ok so the negative. I'll keep it as short and sweet as possible as I've already done my review for the Holiday Inn.

I don't know what the deal was with the wedding coordinator but it seemed that she just couldn't get it or keep it together. I am aware that the guest count fluxuated literally every other week but it was by four or five people and the food portion of the evening was being served buffet style so I really am not understanding the issue. Um I guess lets start this rant as the day unfolded.

We inquired about an early check in for at least the month prior to the wedding. The couple was supposed to have a honeymoon suite as part of the package. If anyone has ever been to this Holiday Inn you know it isn't huge. How many honeymoon suites can it really have? Anyway, we were told it wasn't possible to guarantee an early check in but that it had never been a problem in the past. So the morning of the wedding I call the front desk at 11:15 to see about the status of their suite and the possibility of an early check in. As the wedding and normal check in are both at 3pm, it seems pretty important to get them into a room early doesn't it? So I call the front desk.

Problem #1. There is no reservation under that name.

I am told when I call that they do not have a reservation under that name. I try her maiden name. Nope. I try their first names hoping for an improper spelling, nope. I am advised to call the wedding coordinator and see what name she booked it under. We are sitting in a hair salon getting hair and make-up done for the wedding. Not the best time to be figuring out sleeping arrangements, especially considering it is Easter weekend and Spring Break, on Fort Myers beach. I leave the coordinator a message and inform her that the front desk seems to be having an issue with locating our room, please call me (not the bride/groom) back. 20 minutes later, who does she call? Not me. Introducing round one of a crying bride/angry Maid of Honor.

We arrive at the hotel and are directed to a side lot for the wedding party parking. Nice gesture as we now didn't have to pay to park but it was quite a haul back to the hotel full of everything needed for a wedding. A little annoyed. We get up to the front desk and the bride is told they found her a room and she is given keys. Stating that it is not a honeymoon suite is an understatement. Not only is it a small room but it is overlooking the parking lot. It was actually so small we had to have friends wait outside with the luggage as we got the bride ready. We were literally walking over each other and our luggage as we tried to fix her hair and make-up from crying in the car. Nice way to start off the most important day in a girls life right?

Problem #2 The Reception Hall

With about an hour before the ceremony is supposed to start and maybe assume an hour and a half before the reception, I walked over to the reception hall area (inside Pinchers) with the candy place settings that were to go on the welcome table. I handed them off to the coordinator and received attitude and obvious annoyance with their timing. Considering that the tables weren't finished and the room looked half put together, I felt the same frustration of annoyance! It was an hour before the wedding. What if people wanted to come in and place their gifts down instead of treking them through the sand?

I also tried to give her the rose petals for the aisle and was told that I could put them down there myself because they were a little behind this morning. As the hired wedding planner, I am pretty sure that duty fell on her. My job was to keep the bride happy and settled even though nothing seemed to be going as smoothly as I thought it should.

When we finally got back into the reception hall, things seemed to be getting a little more together. Everyone was enjoying the bar and the serving staff was very accomodating and helpful. The toasts started and the DJ kept things rolling well. I believe he was a recommended DJ through the venue. He did well. We finally arrived and sat down and I noticed the candles weren't lit. The ones as part of the center pieces were lit but no the individual ones marking each setting. I get that it would have been 85 candles to take a match to it looked lazy that they were just sitting there.

As I said the food was fantastic. Again go Pinchers. It came time to ceremonially cut the cake and that went just fine however I was a little angry that no one from the catering staff took over from there for quite some time. I would say at least 20 guests of the wedding served themselves. I also didn't understand the brownies. Randomly brownies showed up alongside the cake. Brownies? Really? I asked the bride and groom if that was something they added along the way and they said no. I didn't get that.

I also don't understand why when you pay for all of the food that was catered, you can't take any of it to go. I mean now granted because the coordinator never actually booked the honeymoon suite they paid for as part of their package, they only had the small hotel style refrigerator in their room so who knows where they would have put it but if you paid for it why not be allowed to keep it?

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visit Pinchers at least twice during our visit. It's conveniently located near the condo we rent. Fun to sit outside and have a cocktail, maybe catch some live music and watch the sunset.