“GREAT Staff”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We will start out with all the good things. Shrimp po' boy, Chicken Fingers Basket, and Kids Meals were all great. Price is just about right. The 2 for 1's are nice if you are a miller light drinker. I'm not but was still able to take advantage as they do have some rail drinks that are also 2 for 1. The best part about this place by far is their staff. 100% friendly and willing to spend some time and talk and listen to you. Sure they may sacrifice a bit on how quick they are to get around to you each time but I simply believe that's because they are taking an extra moment with each one of their tables to ensure things are correct and they give them just as much attention as other. Shelby that works there is a rockstar, 100% friendly and full of compliments. Must have made a nice comment on my family or my son every time we saw her each day. Her manners and customer service/ waitress skills were top notch. Scott as well is on top of his game. He had plenty of stories of his own to tell. I enjoy hot sauce (as hot as you can get it) with my chicken so he introduced me to some sauce that they had there. Gave his story making of the sauce that he know of and even took a few minutes to thumb wrestle with my 5 year old son. Others that helped us that come to my mind that were friendly were Jessica and Bob also. Would go back again.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We ate at the Pinchers behind the Holiday Inn on a Friday nite. Excellent seafood, entertainment, 2 for 1 Happy Hour all day and night where we were. No rush, accessed it from the beach as we were staying a few hotels down.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

fantastic food, great atmosphere. Varied menu. Try the salt scrub in the bathrooms on your hands, it is heaven and they sell it there.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Enjoyed the food at Pincher's Crab Shack Tiki Bar. Prompt service and good food! Staff was friendly and great with the kids!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here at the Holiday Inn Fort Myers Beach the first week of November, 2012 and so the Pinchers location was handy. I ate here several times both inside the restaurant and outside in the breeze.

On Friday nights, this is the hotspot on the south end of the beach with live music and a packed house, standing room only. Their talented band plays rock n roll loudly, and 2 beers will cost you 5 bucks plus tip. My waiter was named Scott, a very efficient and friendly chap who seems to like his job. On the first night, a Saturday, I had the Grouper platter, which was recommended by Scott as the freshest caught, same day, on the menu. It was very good. Don't forget that meals in this district are not inexpensive. The band on this night were a couple playing not-so loud folk rock.

Another time I ate stone crabs, a local specialty, the half pound consisting of exactly 4 medium sized claws served very cold, iced, which surprised me, with lemon and a dip. It was pretty good. I ate inside because the music this night was too loud and the concentration of smokers on the patio both chased me inside. I ate at the bar. The lady server at the bar, Terri, provided very diligent, friendly service. She's great!

On another night I had happy hour wings, 12 for 6 bucks with celery and blue cheese and smothered with sauce, and next time I will order the "wimpy' sauce. The medium was way too hot so I took the leftovers 'home' and finished them one at a time over the next couple of days.

Breakfast time at Pinchers was busier than I expected, and I found out why. The meals are huge. Seriously, I could not finish my food and I may have mentioned that I am a big eater. The big saver platter came with bacon and wheat toast and a mountain of red potatoes in peppers (my choices) and 2 eggs. Carb me up for the day! I had this on 2 separate mornings. Total cost with unlimited coffee and 20% tip, $12.59. Oh, and they open at 7AM, and get busier toward the end of the week.

One negative comment I feel obliged to make is this: On the busiest nights, the parking situation here is intolerable, even in the off season. Hotel guests have to share the very limited free parking spaces with beach- goers and everyone else. If you have a room here at the Holiday Inn, and the lot is full, where do you stash your car overnight? You can not park on the street anywhere around here. Perhaps a valet parking service would be something they should look into.

This restaurant and tiki bar is one of a chain of Pinchers Crab Shacks in Florida, and they advertize Freshness, and that is one reason I like this place. But the location on the beach here in unbeatable.

1  Thank fritomann