“one of our favorite places in fort myers beach”

Smokin Oyster Brewery
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Casual open air with Great Food and Drink
Reviewed October 31, 2013

SOB is one of the best establishments at Fort Myers Beach. The bartenders and patrons are friendly and it is an easy going place to kick back and have a cold beer or enjoy some wonderful food. We have had oysters on the half shell, oysters Rockefeller, oyster and shrimp poor boys, salads and everything has been incredible. they have live entertainment at night which is a lot of fun also. we love the open air atmosphere and it is a "must go to " each year when we are in Fort Myers

1  Thank cindy r
Write a ReviewReviews (1,687)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great beer selection and a good brew of their own, good appetizers, fun atmosphere and good oyster shooters

1  Thank Jen S
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

SOB was our favorite part of our entire trip to the area! Everyone was friendly and the atmosphere was fun! We went on our first night after talking with the locals at the hotel and loved it so much we went back again on our last night! We had the garlic crab both times! It's amazing. Hands down one of the best things I've eve eaten. Just get it! We also had peel and eat shrimp that was to die for! Definitely fresh! And the fried oyster appetizer. Yum!!!!! I absolutely loved everything about this place!

1  Thank NegrilJunkie
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I help out at the"Roxie", the cute Chamber of Commerce mobile info center, which is right next door to SOB's, and I treat myself to lunch at one of the restaurants whenever I'm working. Well, today it was SOB's and man oh man, their Coconut Shrimp is one of the best I've ever had. And, their Aioli Shrimp is incredible, too. My favorite is to dip the coconut shrimp in the in the sweet/spicy sauce that comes with, and also dip in to the aioli sauce. OMG.... so, so good. (No problem asking them for a side of the aioli sauce.)

SOB's looks like an average corner beach bar, but don't let it fool you. We locals know just how good the food is. Plus, the staff is friendly and takes the time to greet everyone with a big smile.

I would have to say they have the biggest selection of fresh seafood on the island, including things you just don't find in other restaurants...like Prince Edward Island Mussels in a white wine sauce and slap your mama fantabulous Garlic Dungeness crab. And, if you catch it, they will cook it! Decently priced kid's menu, too.

Easy, relaxing, casual and a great spot to people watch.

1  Thank JessieTheRealtor
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere - fantastic food. Got recommended by hosts of Sundeck Inn, and was blown away by quality of food. I had the crab cakes. Delicious!

Date of visit: August 2013